Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confluence Initial setup Error

Javier Edo Meseguer November 14, 2017

Hi,

I have been trying to set up Confluence for days and I seem unable to get it to work, the install went through fine but it seems that I run into issues at every step, and I'm spending a fortune in upgrades from my hosting provider.

In the database setup step of the install process it seems to be "crashing" now with the following error:

com.atlassian.spring.container.ComponentNotFoundException: Failed to find component: Error creating bean with name 'i18NBean' defined in class path resource [i18NContext.xml]: Bean instantiation via factory method failed; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.BeanInstantiationException: Failed to instantiate [com.atlassian.confluence.util.i18n.I18NBean]: Factory method 'getI18NBean' threw exception; nested exception is java.util.concurrent.CompletionException: org.springframework.dao.InvalidDataAccessResourceUsageException: could not extract ResultSet; SQL [n/a]; nested exception is org.hibernate.exception.SQLGrammarException: could not extract ResultSet

And the error goes on forever, I can paste more info if needed.

Is this normal?

The process also seems to hang and after digging around this community (whose server is hosted on is incredibly flaky and forces you to reload the same page 3x times just to see it) it seems like increasing memory might solve the issue.

I would like to know how much memory is needed for Confluence to run properly as the more I see of the Confluence backend the less I like it and since I use shared hosting it looks like I might have to find something else.

2 answers

0 votes
Javier Edo Meseguer November 15, 2017

Thank you very much for replying, it looks like I am now getting a different error, which at this point I'm considering it a (small) win! ;)

After ensuring that the database user has full permissions, this is what I am getting:

com.atlassian.spring.container.ComponentNotFoundException: Failed to find component: Error creating bean with name 'i18NBean' defined in class path resource [i18NContext.xml]: Bean instantiation via factory method failed; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.BeanInstantiationException: Failed to instantiate [com.atlassian.confluence.util.i18n.I18NBean]: Factory method 'getI18NBean' threw exception; nested exception is java.util.concurrent.CompletionException: org.springframework.transaction.CannotCreateTransactionException: Could not open Hibernate Session for transaction; nested exception is net.sf.hibernate.exception.GenericJDBCException: Unable to acquire JDBC Connection

This is all with the default install settings of 1024m as min/max memory for the VM.

Any idea as to what that could mean? I would really like to use Confluence if I manage to get it to work.

Cheers!

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 14, 2017

This error is usually caused by the Confluence user for the database not having the full permissions it needs in the database.

Could you check that it has complete access to that one database (create, drop, index, grant, etc)?

I would not recommend messing with the memory until you *know* it is that.  There's nothing in your post to suggest memory errors at this point, but check the permissions first, and then we can go down the route of memory/disk/virus/etc if we need to.

The community servers seem fine to me.  I've issues with the way it works and that we're missing the AUG and developer interaction we were promised, but the servers seem stable and the content arrives for me without refresh.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events