Code Block Macro

Ryan Hout November 18, 2021

Not to be overly critical but why? Why was this feature removed in an “upgrade”? The new “code snippet” feature is objectively worse from a front-end perspective. I know the code block has been requested over a year ago by many others on here. I will not bother asking for it back as I know for whatever reason Atlassian appears unmotivated to return this feature.

My question is the same as I would ask a random coworker that wandered over to my desk and deleted all my documentation work. Why? What was the point in doing that?

2 comments

Fabian Lim
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 18, 2021

Hi @Ryan Hout

I agree with you.  Hopefully someone from atlassian can explain.  

You can request to move back to the old editor by contacting atlassian support.

Regards

Like # people like this
Kathryn Blais November 19, 2021

They even removed Panel Macros! Some of the "updates" are extremely unhelpful. Feeling your pain!

Ryan Hout November 22, 2021

I just don't know what the point in removing features like these is. If they no longer want to support them then fine but leave them active for those that still want to use them. Its getting to the point that all updates are just downgrades in disguise. 

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events