Clicking on labels results in page not found error

Rupert Hawkes March 7, 2019

We have a lot of labels, yet since this morning, clicking on one give the following error:

Page Not Found

The page you were trying to reach could not be found. This could be because:

• The page does not exist.
  • The page exists, but you do not have permission to view it.

I have checked, the page does exist and I do have permission to it.   This is happening to all our labels!   HELP!

10 comments

Zak Laughton
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 7, 2019

Hi Rupert,

The error you're describing typically shows when a user is attempting to view a page they don't have permission to view.

However, you mentioned clicking on labels, however, which will typically will bring you to a list of pages that use that label (but not to an actual Confluence page).

To help better understand the issue, could you provide the following information?

• A screenshot of the label you are clicking.
  • Does this happen for more than one label?
  • How did you confirm the page exists and you have permission to view it?

Thanks!
– Zak

Rupert Hawkes March 8, 2019

Some more info.  

The Space itself was created by me.

The pages and labels were created by me (it is happening for all pages/labels).

I am an admin of the Space and have full permissions.

If I click on one of the labels, for example it trys to go to :

https://15below.atlassian.net/wiki/label/SK/a2c

And fails.

The page exists and I can access it :

https://15below.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/SK/pages/90636630/Retrieve+A2C+file

The page has the label a2c.   This has worked for hundreds of labels and pages for 5 years and stopped working this week.   We have not made any changes and it'a cloud hosted.

Interestingly!   After clicking on a label and getting the page not found, if you refresh that page you get to see the labels list!

So, click on label, I get :

Capture1.JPG

Refresh the page and get :

Capture2.JPG

This is happening company wide.   Our network team have confirmed there are no network issues.

• A screenshot of the label you are clicking.

Capture.JPG

• Does this happen for more than one label?

Yes, all (100s)

• How did you confirm the page exists and you have permission to view it?

By using the search functionality, search for "a2c" then clicking on the link to the page.  Yes, I am admin.

Rupert Hawkes March 11, 2019

Is there any news?

Deleted user March 11, 2019

We have the same issue. Any news?

Like Rupert Hawkes likes this
Parker Crawford March 11, 2019

I also have the same issue.  Clicking on a widely used label results in a "Page Not Found".  Refresh displays the content properly.

Screen Shot 2019-03-11 at 12.44.21 PM.png

Like Rupert Hawkes likes this
Deleted user March 11, 2019

I can confirm that the refresh of the page helps.

Rupert Hawkes March 12, 2019

Atlassian?   Is there are news?   This does appear to be a widespread (i.e. not just us) issue with the cloud hosted version.  

• Was anything changed in the last week?  
  • Have you managed to replicate this issue?
  • Are you actively investigating?

Thank you.

Zak Laughton
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 12, 2019

Hi Rupert,

I found a recent bug for this issue in our public issue tracker: CONFCLOUD-65783 – Clicking a link from a Label List Macro results in a "Page Not Found".

This will be reviewed by the Atlassian product team and fixed according to the Atlassian Cloud Bug Fix Policy. You can vote on the bug to help prioritize a fix and set yourself as a watcher to receive any future updates related to the bug and any fixes.

There are two workarounds for this bug:

1. Refresh the page (as others have mentioned in this discussion)
  2. Open the page in a new tab

These are currently the best-known alternatives until the bug is resolved. 

– Zak

Rupert Hawkes March 13, 2019

Please fix the bug that was clearly introduced by Atlassian recently.  Why do we have to vote for it!?!?!   Not impressed

Parker Crawford March 12, 2019

I voted but I think it's ridiculous to have to vote to get a bug fixed.   This should be hotfixed immediately.   I can understand voting for feature requests or functionality that's been removed (like the Undo function).

Like Dan Winkler likes this

I agree totally.   Why not add your feedback as a comment here

CONFCLOUD-65783 – Clicking a link from a Label List Macro results in a "Page Not Found".

This is a bug introduced recently as opposed to a new feature. Are you really planning on only fixing a bug introduced recently via a voting system?

Rupert Hawkes March 14, 2019

Is there any news?

Could I request that anyone with this bug please vote here.   Get your friends and family to vote too!

CONFCLOUD-65783 – Clicking a link from a Label List Macro results in a "Page Not Found".

Rupert Hawkes March 15, 2019

Is there any news?

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events