Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changes in headings styles

Erwann Loison January 31, 2019

I'm quite pissed, I won't hide it.

Recently all the headings styles have changed in confluence cloud, without warning and without a way to batch change them all to another, has the heading 3 I was using doesn't look good anymore.

Confluence is slow, clumpsy and there is a ton of basic missing features (without paying addons for them) so please, stop messing with our documentation. Or warn, or even better when you do changes provide tools to batch some actions that are FREE so the unforeseen style decisions you make can be undone...

I'm getting seriously tired of this. Let's list the VERY basic features Confluence should come with the base price:

- borderless tables (how can this not be included, this is ultra basic)
- custom text color (what the hell with this limited palette?)
- batch processing of included styles for the entire space, especially since you changed them
clone space. Duplicating pages one by one, moving them one by one, ending up on the new location every damn time that forces you to go back to the original space to keep cloning and moving (did I mention one by one?...).

I'm not responsible for my company's choice of documentation system but as this pace I'll do everything in my power to be.

2 comments

Comment

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 31, 2019

@Erwann Loison, first let me state that I'm a user just like you. I wanted to let you know that I am moving this to the "Confluence/Discussion" collection in the Community as it is currently under "Questions" but don't see a question here. That said if you do have a question LMK and I or others will do what we can to answer.

Like Jared Brenner likes this
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 31, 2019

One thing you might want to do is to either reach out to Atlassian Support or use the feedback link in the application.

Bill Bailey
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 31, 2019

Your are highlighting the reasons I do not recommend the cloud version. The server version allows you to have your own CSS so that you can control the look and feel. Plus you can decide to upgrade or not to a new version. We test out any new version before moving -  and upgrade when we are ready.

And the user macros are essential to good Confluencing, again missing from the Cloud version.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events