Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot sort (drag) links in Confluence Space sidebar

Reuben Sivan August 14, 2017

Until a few months ago I could sort entries in the Confluence Space sidebar by just dragging them to a new position.

This is not available any longer, I think it is a regression.

2 comments

Michael Corvin August 17, 2017

Is this another wonderful (NOT) feature of the "New Confluence Experience"?

Martin Sauter August 18, 2017

I didn't realise this before, but it very much looks like another drawback of the new Confluence UI.

There is an ongoing discussion about the new sidebar here:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Confluence-discussions/What-just-happened-to-Confluence-Cloud/td-p/622890#M301

Martin Sauter August 22, 2017

@Reuben Sivan@Michael CorvinAre you sure that it was ever possible to rearrange pages directly in the page tree on the left hand side? I was just discussing this with an Atlassian team member, and maybe we are wrong: You always had to switch to that specific page to reorder pages. And maybe this is a good thing because it prevents users from moving pages accidentially while browsing.

Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 23, 2017

Yes, Martin, I also think, rearranging the pages in the sidebar never worked. 

Sandy Johnson August 23, 2017

I use version 5.8.13 server and I can rearrange the pages. I can't do it directly in the sidebar, I have to go to another page to do it. However, this feature does not work in Internet Explorer, I would have to use Chrome or Firefox or some other browser.

Reuben Sivan August 23, 2017

I honestly can't find ANY way to rearrange the sidebar on the current version. Can you tell me how you do that? I recall being able to do it before one way or another.

Martin Sauter August 23, 2017

@Reuben SivanIn the top right corner you have a dropdown menu, and in this menu you have a command «View in hierachy». This takes you to the page where you can reorder pages by drag and drop.

hierarchy.png

Liron
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 24, 2017

Also, there is now a "Reorder pages" button in the "Pages" tab on the top right hand side.

reorderpages.png

Reuben Sivan August 24, 2017

It doesn't seem to apply for reordering the sidebar.

Martin Sauter August 24, 2017

Are we talking about reordering the page tree or are we talking about reording space shortcuts in the sidebar?

The latter is unfortunately not possible anymore in the new UI as far as I know.

Reuben Sivan August 24, 2017

Sidebar, as I said in the title subject.

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events