Calling all QA TEST Nerds: How do you document your testing!?

Andy - PTC Redundant
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 24, 2018

Failed_notOK.png

Dear Community, especially those who LOVE testing!

We currently don't have the role of Quality Assurance filled and so - as a project manager, who is not a classic Software guy - I struggle with governing the testing myself.

Our company is still really young and testing isn't quite mature. Lots of testing is going, lots of good software and solutions are being produce, issues in current apps resolved, etc. however NONE of it is documented :'''o( 

Devs by nature aren't drawn to documenting and so I am looking for simple ways to help document what's happened. 

[Example of my daily struggle: ^in the stride room^ Tech Lead: "Did you test?" Dev: "Yes. Some issues found." Tech lead: "OK"

Any advice? How do you document? What questions are asked? Is it successful with dev teams? 

(Yes, I do realise that culture change is needed badly... but a little bit of governance is a nice starting point)

Appreciate any input what so ever :)

giphy.gif

0 comments

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events