Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Atlassian Admins: How big is your collaboration team?

Jonathan Smith
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 10, 2018

Hello all!

Recently I have been thinking about my company's collaboration environment, and how much it has grown in the past few years. The place I work currently has 5000+ employees. In 2 years, Confluence has been well received due to well created templates, in house training videos, and fast support. We also rolled out JIRA Core at the same time as Confluence. 

[Background] We installed Confluence for our project services team, but it quickly consumed IT users. We have had organic growth of Confluence though-out business units who were sorely needing a "home base" / collaboration solution outside of email. 

• We have not officially launched Confluence to all business units. 

Why? This comes down to my topic's question.

I am staying a-float at the moment with the current amount of users (1200+) but when we open this up to the rest of the company, I want to make sure we have the proper staffing for support and training.

Our company's collaboration team consists of a primary administrator (me) who handles templates/testing/upgrades/training/etc and a backup who helps manage level 1 tickets. 

How big is your collaboration team and what is your breakout of responsibilities?

Have a great day!

2 comments

Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 10, 2018

Hi @Jonathan Smith,

I take care for 800 Jira-users and 1700 Confluence-Users. I have one colleague as a backup when I‘m on vacation or on Atlssian Summit or somewhere else 🙂

I‘m doing anything, configuration, workflows, design, buying apps, in-house trainings, in-house support, being responsible for almost anything. 

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 10, 2018

About the same for me.

Kimberly Deal _Columbus ACE_
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 10, 2018

Hi @Jonathan Smith!

I am in about the same position as you and @Thomas Schlegel.  I support about 1500 Confluence users and 350 Jira users.  I highly suggest having some resources that people can use on their own. Small 1-2 minute training videos or other self service options for them to come up to speed.  Also try to have one advanced user per team, that maybe you sat down with to go over how to use, best practices, etc.  To help keep all of the questions from coming to you all of the time. 

Jonathan Smith
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 10, 2018

Recording WebEx training sessions has worked well :) 

Kimberly Deal _Columbus ACE_
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 10, 2018

That's really awesome to hear!  We share a lot of YouTube videos here,  I really should make some that are more specific to our environment.

Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 10, 2018
I also tried screencast videos, but it‘s so much effort, if you want them to look good...
I also try to level up at least one user per department who has advanced knowledge about the applications and can take care for the users basic questions.

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events