Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are links inside pdf clickable when viewing the pdf inside Confluence?

mike nomax March 15, 2018

Hi,

I have a pdf attached to a confluence pgae. Inside the pdf, I have two address links to some other pages (within the space and outside of it). When viewing the PDF in confluence, I am not able to click on the links. It seems that what Confluence is displaying is image of the pdf pages not the actual pages., hence not clickable. Wondering if this is an known issue or by-design? Is there a way to have the links clickable?

Thanks.

1 answer

0 votes
Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 15, 2018

Not if you use the PDF macro. However, if you use the new PDF previewing functionality the links do work. To use that edit your page and click on the link icon in your editor toolbar. Go to the files section and select your PDF and click the insert button. This will put a link on your page to the PDF. Next, click on that link (still in edit mode) and you should see an option called Show as thumbnail. Click that and you will see your PDF file as a thumbnail. When your users click the thumbnail they will see the new attachment previewer and the PDF will not just be flat screenshots of the PDF a fully text-selectable rendering of the PDF ... with working links.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events