Allowing users to control their own trash

mybucket2018 May 3, 2017

Hi all,

I've raised a Jira ticket as I think it would be a good idea if Confluence users are able to control their own set of deleted documents.

CONFSERVER-52346

Is there anything else anyone can think of that can be added to this list?

I wanted to raise this request as it puts the responsibility of deleted documents in users hands. It allows them to restore a page if someone accidently/maliciously deletes anything.

If you're interested in the idea please vote and comment on the page ;)

Profile-Trash.pngProfile-Trash2.png

1 comment

Jan-Peter Rusch
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 7, 2017

Difficult question. There might be use cases where user shouldn't be able to restore a page. Are we discussing Confluence 6 with shared editing? This adds more complexity to the subject... 

What happens if an admin deletes a page containing content not to be display to public & a user restores this page. The admin then must always purge this page or empty the trash.

Having a space permission like the delete own pages permission could be an option. I would not vote for a general permission to restore page from trash for each user.

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events