Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access to confluence using authentication in url

Arno van Hemert July 2, 2020

Previously is was possible to access Confluence by using an url with an os_username and an os_password. Recently we moved Confluence to an other environment with a more recent version (from 5.10.8 to 7.2.2) in the new environment the url including os_username and os_password is not working anymore.

Is this because of the newer version or do I need to configure something in Confluence?

What possibilities are there in Confluence to do this? What we want to do is share readonly Confluence spaces with some of our development partners and we want to avoid they all need their own login credentials.

3 answers

0 votes
Hitendra Chauhan March 24, 2022

I too had a Java program to write to a confluence page and it stopped working after we upgraded Confluence.

What other option we have to use following URL with newer version of Confluence which doesn't support os_username and os_password ?

https://confluence.url/rest/api/content/215194626?expand=body.storage%2Cversion%2Cancestors&os_authType=basic&os_username=xxxx&os_password=xxxxx

0 votes
Arno van Hemert July 2, 2020

Hi Nic,

Thanks for your reaction. I already thought it was something like that.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 2, 2020

Yes, that has been removed as it is terribly insecure.  You'll need to give them accounts, or open up the spaces to anonymous access.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events