Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smart Links, a richer way to hyperlink

88 comments

seaghan moriarty June 24, 2022

For technical people, this is a frustrating "enhancement" - having to add Undo to one's workflow every single time :( 
- and, if a list of URLs is pasted, having to undo multiple times is infuriating

This prettifier is great and makes sense for many people - accepted

However Atlassian Product Development should give a configuration option to enable/disable for people who need to use URLs

Maaax June 26, 2022

anyone has an idea, whether I am able to develop my own smart link for a third-party app?

Like # people like this
Sebastian Lutter July 6, 2022

None of the people working with Jira I know think that this feature is useful. Why the fuck did you choose to turn that feature on as default?

What about listen to your userbase? https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-72429

PLEASE TURN IT OFF AGAIN

Grant Wilson August 5, 2022

@Jonno Katahanas Will Smart Links for Workramp content be coming anytime soon? Thanks! 

Christal Vandecar September 8, 2022

We're seeing this feature today in our Confluence Cloud site. Was hopeful that one of these new options would provide an easier workflow for defining soft links instead of hard links. It does not. 

Neil Armstrong November 28, 2022

Is it possible to search if a smart link is populated- i.e I'd like to know if a link to a figma file is on a story? @Jonno Katahanas 

Chuong Le January 9, 2023

@Jonno Katahanas How can I add my app to the supported app list and view its content directly in Jira like Figma, Invision or Miro?

Matthew Hays February 10, 2023

Hello @Vitalii Saienko , how do I get a picture to appear in a smart link in card format, as the [key] does in the in-page example here?

Thomas McCroskey March 17, 2023

How can one change the format of a collection of links (say, in a table column) from one format to an Inline format?

Christian Addy August 9, 2023

Are there plans to provide it for third party platforms like Zendesk? 

Matt Becker September 22, 2023

This is great, how do I turn it off?  I'd like to use an image for a link to save horizontal space, but there doesn't seem to be a way to do that.

Stavros_Rougas_EasyApps
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
October 4, 2023

"Opening Smart Links up for third-parties to build is definitely our plan. We've built Smart Links on Forge intentionally so that we can open up to third-parties in the future."

We build an app in Forge to bulk convert Smartlinks to URLs and URLs to Smartlinks, it's called Link Editor by Easy Apps.

Raghu Patel October 12, 2023

This is amazing. Is there any plan for supporting server version?

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events