Presenter Mode for Confluence is here 🖥 👩‍💻

135 comments

Dimitris_Proko
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 25, 2022

I agree with @julie.kamel Can you please advise the release date? 

Like julie.kamel likes this
Gregor Rosenauer
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 25, 2022

this is a simple but useful feature and saves me from using external plugins just for doing a presentation of my content in Confluence.

However, I'd like to see it taken a step further to make it really presentation-like - with a simple addition of a special "page" break to mark the transition to the next "slide" like all the cool HTML/JS based presentation markup tools do it. Is this on the roadmap @Stephanie Zhang _Product_ ?

Gezim Shehu
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
May 25, 2022

This looks awesome! Well done!

Ingo Wenke May 25, 2022

pretty cool feature. Still waiting for rollout :) 

Maciej Szwalgin
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
May 25, 2022

This is super feature !!!

Nicola Martin (she/her) May 25, 2022

Very much looking forward to this!

Aleksandr Nesmeianov
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
May 25, 2022

....next few weeks
ah... Atlassian pleases with its stability

Deleted user May 25, 2022

This looks like it could be very useful....I await it's deployment to "take it for a spin".

Apryl Harris May 25, 2022

Wil it be available at all levels, i.e. Trail, Standard, Premium, Enterprise? Hope so. My company has Standard and I can't wait to test it out!

Rick Huddle
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
May 25, 2022

Love this- next step: being able to edit in presenter mode. (or present in edit mode). My team likes to take notes on our Confluence meeting pages live- being able to do this in presenter mode would be really helpful. Being able to CHOOSE whether to show the edits live really helpful- in some cases, it's great to show the edits live. In other cases, not.

Like # people like this
Karly Rychlik
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
May 25, 2022

This is pretty cool!  I do see it in my instance, but when I select 'presenter mode', it just sits and spins.  Assuming this will fix itself soon?

Brunden
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 25, 2022

Hello @Karly Rychlik sorry about that. Could you reach out to me at bchaisorn@atlassian.com with some more details about what you're seeing as well as browser information? Thank you!

Jane Moffatt
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
May 25, 2022

This is awesome news! Can't wait to use this new feature on meetings and trainings. I wonder if this would be implemented in Jira reports too. 

Stephanie Zhang _Product_
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 25, 2022

Hey folks! Appreciate the all the feedback. Responding to some of the more frequently asked questions I'm seeing in the comments:

1. This new feature is Confluence cloud only

2. If you're not seeing it yet on your instance, that's because we're currently 25% rolled out and anticipate hitting 100% around mid June. However, I will say this with a big asterisk because we're evaluating reliability & quality metrics at each % cohort. We appreciate your patience here! We're equally as excited to get this feature out there!

3. We're seeing the same issues with certain 3rd party apps not rendering -- we're currently investigating and will follow up here once we know more

4. This feature will be available for all license types

If you have any other questions, or want to speak directly with me, please feel free to email me at szhang5@atlassian.com.

Thanks,

Steph

Like thomas_ohrbom likes this
Atlassian Team
May 25, 2022

Hey there @marcusobrien 

Appreciate the feedback. When we evaluate which projects to work on, user feedback is a critical component. However, there are other factors that also play a part like technical complexity, market trends, usage patterns, etc. For this specific case, we noticed a pain point specifically around users presenting Confluence pages (that was exacerbated by remote work). 

In effect, our roadmap will often result in a mixture of different project types in addition to those specifically requested by users. That's not to say we don't care about, and have not been addressing user feedback, however. Here are a few examples of feedback tickets we've closed out in the last year or so:

I understand it can be frustrating to feel like your feedback is going unanswered though and would be more than happy to connect you to the right teams to provide more context. Let me know when you're free at szhang5@atlassian.com and I can connect you with the right folks!
Atlassian Team
May 25, 2022

@Manuel del Valle not specifically, but I'd recommend checking out read only permissions & public pages to see if you can come up with something similar. Let me know if you'd like me to connect you with the right team if you want to chat more about your specific use case. 

https://support.atlassian.com/confluence-cloud/docs/set-up-public-access/
https://support.atlassian.com/confluence-cloud/docs/what-are-confluence-cloud-permissions-and-restrictions/

Atlassian Team
May 25, 2022

@allison not in the current feature set but definitely an interesting idea to consider for another iteration! 

Atlassian Team
May 25, 2022

@Jamie Hartman we've heard this request before from some of our internal testers! We are definitely exploring this as a possibility for another iteration, but it is not in the feature set of the first iteration

Like Jamie Hartman likes this
Michael Finger
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
May 25, 2022

Brilliant! I'm looking forward to using it... I want it now! :) 

Shoba
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
May 26, 2022

@Stephanie Zhang _Product_ eagerly awaiting to see this on our Confluence. I'm afraid that I can't see it yet as an option. Would you be able to help out? Cheers!

Atlassian Team
May 26, 2022

Hi there @Shoba ! Since we're in the process of rolling out, you may not see it yet for your account. If you have any other questions, feel free to let me know at szhang5@atlassian.com

Like Shoba likes this
Atlassian Team
May 26, 2022

Thanks for the feedback Gregor Rosenauer - It's not currently on the roadmap, but your suggestion is very helpful input for us when considering improvements to Presenter Mode!

David Berclaz
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 27, 2022

@Stephanie Zhang _Product_ thanks, I hope the feature will be active on my Confluence by next Wednesday, for my presentation at Atlassian Romandie Meetup ;-)

Thomas Varga May 29, 2022

@Stephanie Zhang _Product_, I was excited about this feature for an upcoming presentation I was going to provide. Do the presentation in Presenter Mode and then at the end point my audience to the same Confluence page for the content for them to see and comment on afterwards - easy as.

However...my Gliphy graphs do not render in Presenter Mode :-( . So, back to just going full-screen mode with a Confluence page for now.... . Looking forward to when all Confluence pages will "just work" in Presenter Mode.

Tobias H
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 30, 2022

Woohoo, finally! Been waiting for this :D

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events