New page sharing experience in Confluence Cloud (paused until further notice)

Update 11/30/22 – This rollout has been paused until further notice

Our customers are our highest priority. Due to feedback, we've made the difficult decision to pause the rollout of new publishing and sharing experiences. The quality of the changes are not up to customer standards.

We're evaluating how to bring the best experience to you and will deliver improvements in the future. You can follow this article for the latest updates. We appreciate your understanding. Customers are our lifeblood, and your collective customer perspective always comes first.

Unsure who has (or will have) access to your page? Do you and the people you collaborate with keep running into unexpected access restricted screens?

We know permissions in Confluence Cloud can be unwieldy, so we’ve simplified the page sharing experience and added more visibility into who can access. With this new experience, you’ll feel more confident and in control of your content, which will make it much easier to share and collaborate on Confluence pages.

gif1.gif

All page sharing functionality in one place

No more sending pages to people who then need to request access. By consolidating how you share to notify and how you share to give access into one flow, you’ll not only be sharing content with greater success and confidence, but also fewer clicks!

ℹ️  Although this means the lock icon is going away, you’ll find all of the lock icon’s functionality in the new Share button. 

gif.png

While in draft, you can also invite others to collaborate on the page. 

draft (1).png

More visibility into a page’s true access

No more uncertainty around who “Anyone” is. With this updated experience, you’ll have greater visibility into who has (or could have) access to a page.

The interface will tell you if access is restricted by a parent page (and which parent page).

image1.png  image 2.png image 3.png 

You’ll be able to view a list of “Everyone” to determine if that’s the right audience for the page.

gif3.gif

If someone doesn’t have the access you’re trying to assign them, you’ll get a message letting you know before you the sharing action is complete.

gif4.gif

Bulk page access actions

We’ve also added bulk actions like Make page private and Restore to default access.

“Make page private” will remove everyone’s access but your own.

“Restore to default access” will reset the page’s access settings to its container’s access level, whether that’s a parent page or the space.

image 4.png

46 comments

Therese Hedberg October 29, 2021

This looks wonderful, will it come to Data Center as well? 

Like # people like this
Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 29, 2021

Amazing!

This is a long-awaited feature, this improvement will greatly simplify the permission management and user experience of space administrators.

Like # people like this
Suvradip Paul
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 30, 2021

Thanks @Neha Bhayana for sharing. Looks great and I hope this would help a lot.

Like Xiaotong Yang likes this
Hana Kučerová
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 31, 2021

This looks very promising, I'm looking forward to it.

Matt Reiner _K15t_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
November 1, 2021

tenor-264702211.gif

Faina Dsouza November 9, 2021

This looks great. Long waited feature is here. 

Andreas Holzner November 26, 2021

This is a great improvement - looking forward to it!
This feature does not change the basic methodology that access to the pages within a space can only be allowed via the space permissions and the individual pages within the space group can only be restricted.

Or is there also a way to make individual pages of a space readable for users that are not listed in the space permissions?
(let's call it: bottom up-permissions)

Like Tobias Pisani likes this
Svenja Lorenzen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 9, 2022

Loving this improvement.

Another thing that would be VERY helpful: It would be really awesome if we could see who the page was shared with.
https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFCLOUD-22396

Nick Gibson March 4, 2022

@Neha Bhayana any updates on when this will be released? With Public Links disabled my team really needs this.

Like # people like this
paulybarrett March 8, 2022

I'm also keen to understand the release timeline.

Kiara Ochoa March 9, 2022

Any updates on when this will be released? 

Nina Bendias March 10, 2022

@Neha Bhayana, I am also very interested in this function of sharing a public link for viewing rights to users who don't have a Confluence license within my Confluence instance. When will this get officially launched? A partner organisation of mine has this "enable public link sharing" function in their Confluence settings already. Why do they have it and why don't I see this as an admin in my settings?

Like # people like this
Nidhi Raj
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 15, 2022

Hi All,

I'm on the Confluence PM team. 

We are working on ensuring the feature is robust and provides the best user experience. This meant we had to push the rollout a little further than communicated after some new discoveries. We will update the above community post in the coming days with the revised date. Thank you for your patience!

Like # people like this
Timo Dietz March 30, 2022

@Neha Bhayana @Nidhi Raj This feature is exactly what we need right now. Looks great in any case! What does the revised date do? Or at least a rough time period?

Soumaya Mauthoor April 8, 2022

@Nidhi Raj do you know if the new version will allow more macros to be available on publicly-shared pages?

Nidhi Raj
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 12, 2022

Hi All,

Thank you so much for your patience!

We're happy to announce that we are making the new Share functionality also available on Drafts, to allow for intuitive collaboration with anyone you wish to work with (see new screenshot added)! While this means pushing the release date out to later in the year, we believe this will provide the best user experience to share all modes of Confluence content - Drafts, Publish and Edit. The new Share feature will begin rolling out as soon as the second half of the year, do watch your spaces for the changes! 

Like Kalin U likes this
Josh Hanks April 13, 2022

I love that the team is adding additional functionality to the public links page, however; we need the ability to share pages to individuals outside our Atlassian community like yesterday :)

I would love to start using the pieces of functionality that have already been ironed out, and then additional new features could be added in increments afterwards. Pretty please?

Like # people like this
Jonny Klaas April 20, 2022

@Nidhi Raj 

Public Links sharing can not be activated from the support because of the new features.
We need to share pages via link externaly asap. 
How should we proceed if the feature was postponed the the second half of the year? 

Like # people like this
Heath Wallis April 20, 2022

Holy scope creep!  What is causing this to get pushed back almost a year?  Was waiting patiently for this option to roll out.....and informing users the same. You have serious pipeline problems if these seemingly minor function additions are pushing this out so far.

Like # people like this
Lisa Bowen May 10, 2022

When will this be available?

Like Ralf likes this
Szabina Kasa May 20, 2022

It's indeed a bit of a shame to see this feature postponed by almost a year because of scope creep. In the meantime, we will need to stick to an internal private space and an external public space and manage both of them simultaneously until this feature rolls out.

Like Ralf likes this
Amber Patterson June 20, 2022

Any updates on release date for this feature?

Like # people like this
Martin Kerz July 27, 2022

Will this also include the possibility to share with guest users? From the description this is not within the … feature scope. Is this correct?

Like # people like this
Cody Cross August 4, 2022

Any update on the release date for this?

Like # people like this
Arthur Mayrand August 25, 2022

Any update?

Like Maximilian Floß likes this

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events