Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In Product Help is on the way!

Hi folks! My name is Daniel Ayele and I’m a Product Manager on Confluence Cloud. I’m excited to announce that In Product Help is coming soon to your Confluence Cloud site!

The Problem

In the past, if you needed help while using Confluence, you could access documentation through the "?" menu. This would lead to our support.atlassian.com site where you could browse or search for content related to the specific issue you’ve encountered.

There are a few problems with this experience:

❌ Friction - You had to leave the product, interrupting your flow of work, and go to a separate site. This creates a lot of friction, especially if you are new to Confluence or need help with multiple issues.

🔍 Search - You may have found it difficult to find exactly the issue you were looking for, either on the overview page or through search. With no context on what you were doing or where you were in the product, we couldn’t tailor the help experience to meet your needs leaving you to search endlessly =(

In Product Help

Today, we’re announcing a new In Product Help component for Confluence, which will allow you to find relevant help articles in just one click.

View Page Option.gif

Now, when you click on the "?" help menu, you’ll open the in product help component, and if we have relevant help content, we’ll surface it directly there so you can quickly get the help you need and get back to your work. You’ll also find all of the same handy links and information that you’re used to.

We used feedback on our product documentation as well as questions from users to decide where to started building our content library. At first, contextual content is only available on a Page or in Space Settings, but keep an eye out for more content around the Confluence product over the coming weeks and months.

Try it out and let us know what you think in the comments below!

5 comments

Matt Reiner _K15t_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
December 17, 2021

@DA

Very cool! I'm curious, can Confleunce app developers insert help content into Product Help as well?

You know I like a good bit of helpful content. 🙂

Like # people like this
DA
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 17, 2021

Hey @Matt Reiner _K15t_! Thanks for the comment and suggestion. This is something we've thought about but don't yet have concrete plans to support. Stay tuned =)  

Like Matt Reiner _K15t_ likes this
Matt Reiner _K15t_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
December 17, 2021

@DA 

tenor-5738352.gif

One source of inspiration you could look at is how Salesforce handles this. (You may have already, I'm just a sharer)

Like DA likes this
Nikki Zavadska _Appfire_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 8, 2022

I would be also interested in some kind of marketplace apps integrations once this help button makes its way to Jira 👀

I really like the way it looks, very simple.

roberto_reyes January 20, 2022

Hello, I like all tools of attlasian but Confluence I feeling is very hard, I dont know is like a page very heavy, you need a lot of time to load sections and is difficult find a correct order.

I would like confluence will have an integration like this search page.
https://aws.amazon.com/es/solutions/implementations/?solutions-all.sort-by=item.additionalFields.sortDate&solutions-all.sort-order=desc&awsf.Content-Type=*all&awsf.AWS-Product%20Category=*all&awsf.AWS-Industry=*all

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events