Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Downgrade Confluence from Standard to Free

There are two steps to downgrade Confluence Standard from standard to free. The process will take about five minutes to complete.

1. Remove product access from users until you reach the free limit of 10 users.

2. Change your plan from standard to free.

If you still have questions, head to the FAQs at the bottom of this page.

Here's how to downgrade: 

STEP 1: REMOVE USER(S)

1. Go to admin.atlassian.com and click "Manage users" on the site that you'd like to remove users from. 

Group 1 (1).jpg

2. Select the user that you’d like to remove. Click on the three dots by their name.

Group 13.jpg

3. In the dropdown, select “Show details.”

Group 14.jpg

4. Under Product roles for Confluence, select “None.” You will see a confirmation pop up in the bottom left corner. 

Group 15.jpg

5. Continue steps 1-4 until you have 10 users or less listed for the product.

STEP 2: DOWNGRADE TO THE FREE PLAN 

1. Go to admin.atlassian.com. Select the site's name of the plan you'd like to change. 

Group 1 (1).jpg

2. In the top navigation bar, go to “Billing.”

Group 2 copy.jpg

3. Click “Manage subscription.”

Group 3 copy.jpg

4. Click the “Change” link to change your plan type.

Group 4 copy.jpg

5. In the Manage subscriptions page, you will see the plan for each product under its subscription details. Click “Select Free.”

Group 5.jpg

6. After you agree to the Atlassian Cloud Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, select “Confirm plan change.”

Group 7.jpg

7. You’ll see a confirmation pop up in the bottom left window.

Group 8.jpg

And that’s it, you have now completed the steps to downgrade your Confluence plan from standard to free. 

FAQs

• Why am I on a standard plan? I thought I was using the free version of Confluence. 

• If you have more than 10 users on your product, you will automatically be upgraded to Confluence Standard because the user limit for Confluence Free is 10 users.

• What are the differences between Confluence Free and Standard?

• Feel free to check out this chart to see the differences between all of the Confluence product plans.

• I don’t think the message that I got about downgrading to free applies to me. Why did I get it?

• If you have 10 users or less and are on the free version of Confluence Software, you should be ok to not take any action to change your plan.

3 comments

G subramanyam
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 6, 2022

Thank you for posting the steps @Emily Crowe . This is good to know details and helpful.

Like Andy Gladstone likes this
Jarkko Ahlqvist September 23, 2022

Hello,

Good instructions, but in my case for some reason I do not see such alternative in our admin view to

downgrade the existing confluence standard to free. Please advice?

Like # people like this
Daniel Hardman February 9, 2023

It is not possible to follow these instructions all the way through, because when I get to the Billing tab, nothing is displayed. So I am stuck in Standard plan without any way to get out. (I did successfully get my user count down to 10...)

Like Ciro Scognamiglio likes this

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events