13 new space templates to help you kickstart your work faster!

Hi Atlassian Community,

I’m DJ Chung and I’m a Product Manager on the Confluence Cloud team.

Today, I’m excited to share 13 new space templates to help you kickstart your work faster!

space-templates-new.gif

We’ve created new space templates to suit the specific needs of business teams: project management, design, research, operations, marketing, customer support, legal, and finance teams.

We know this has been one of the most voted feature requests, along with feedback about enhancing product ease-of-use.

We also have space templates for software, IT, and product management to help jumpstart on projects even faster.

How your team can get the most out of space templates:

• Spaces create a centralized hub for organizing knowledge within a team or project, aligning on plans, and quick information-sharing to move work forward

• These space templates now provide structure to get started in a new space with suggestions tailored to each type of team

• The purpose-built experiences are further customizable for each team’s unique way of working

mktg-team-space.png

Not sure how to get your team’s space started? No problem! Each template comes with an example page tree with team-specific page templates, rich and relevant sample content, and a refreshed Getting Started guide.

Give it try today by creating a new space!

Try out the new spaces templates by going to the Spaces dropdown in the top navigation and click “Create a space” at the bottom.

create.png

See this article for additional documentation on how to create a space.

If you’d like a refresher on how to get the most out of spaces, check out this article on why and how to create spaces.

We hope you enjoy the new experience, and look out for more changes to come! As always, please drop comments below!

12 comments

Tomislav Tobijas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 14, 2023

By the look, the templates look really good 🤘
Although the updates haven't been rolled out to any of our or our clients' sites.

Like # people like this
Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 16, 2023

Looking forward to this update hitting our instance. Any timeframe on when this will be propagated to existing Confluence Cloud sites?

Like # people like this
Clifford Hull April 20, 2023

When is this actually happening?

Like # people like this
Kai Hoppe April 20, 2023

Same question here: where's the point in promoting new space templates and then not making them available!? Nor telling you when and how you are able to access them? Or am I missing something?

Like # people like this
Fabrice Huart - NSI
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 21, 2023

Thank you to make work faster and adoption by teams easier.

Will give them a try soon 🥳

Like Amanda Barber likes this
Matt Reiner _K15t_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 26, 2023

How did I miss this?!

Looks great @DJ Chung

(Hoping space template creation is on the roadmap somewhere. 😉)

Like # people like this
Dan Hoban April 27, 2023

@DJ Chung how is this rolling out to existing customers?

Like Cricket VonJames likes this
Jason M. April 28, 2023

@DJ Chung These look great, really enjoying the new Space creation experience as well (now that we finally have it for our site). However its been a couple weeks since this announcement and still not seeing these. Are these in the process of rolling out, or have yet to be rolled out? Thanks!

Like Andy Gladstone likes this
Dietmar Schuck May 2, 2023

@DJ Chung   I too would love to try these templates out. Any idea when they will be rolled out?

Clifford Hull May 4, 2023

FYI: Looks like they are available to me as of this morning. 

Gail May 4, 2023

@DJ Chung is there any kind of walk through documentation like an overview of each of the new templates (besides what you get in space create)?    I need to add this to my knowledge base, but I don't want to have to create 13 new spaces to show what each looks like and its content.   Thanks

Like # people like this
Matt Reiner _K15t_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
August 22, 2023

I know this is old new, but we couldn't resist making a short, shareable, video about it: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/sXQSsNuMb_w

These are so important for starting teams off with success.

I think the Copy Product Data EAP will also be valuable to this crowd, since we could use it in place of custom space templates.

Like Andy Gladstone likes this

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events