Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can not create a blog post in the confluence app

Melanie Whyte July 12, 2017

Hi,

We use the confluence app for communications (version: 2.0.13.90) and are able to create pages in all our spaces.  We can not however create a new blog post.

Am I doing something wrong? Or is this functionality not available in the app?

Many thanks

Melanie

6 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Cat
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 13, 2017

Unfortunately, the ability to create and edit blog posts is not currently supported on Confluence mobile but it is something we may consider for a future release. Thanks for your feedback!

Emma Thomas October 5, 2018

This is something we'd also love to see in a future release.

Like # people like this
Oliver Fromm February 15, 2019

Still waiting! What‘s up Atlassian Team?! @Cat 

Like # people like this
Danny Blaker March 14, 2019

Hi atlassian team! Hope you're well!

I also vote for this feature - we use blogs all the time and the only time I have to read my team members' posts is during commutes, which happens to be when I mostly use mobile app. So it would certainly be of value!

Warm regards,

Danny

Like # people like this
5 votes
Amy_Flynn January 10, 2020

I vote for this too. We have a highly mobile workforce that needs to report on items. They need to create blog posts from the app.

4 votes
Scotty Huff April 2, 2022

It's now 2022. How about implementing this feature? It's been 5 years! 

4 votes
Kripa Rao December 5, 2019

Hi, I am confounded that Confliuence app did not allow blog posts. Could you please expedite the release of this feature? I am a recent user and our company uses blog posts to communicate company events and share pics. Now, I have to email all pictures to myself, download them and then upload to Confluence. Its pretty inconvenient. 

0 votes
Jane Engler May 21, 2020

How is not yet available?? Such a critical feature. So many of our workforce do not work in offices but are active coaches and instructors, who need the ability to blog from their phones at the end of sessions. Is there somewhere we can vote for this feature Atlassian???

Jane Engler May 21, 2020

I have created this as a ticketed suggestion for Atlassian. Anyone else who wants this feature please go here and vote for the suggestion!

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFCLOUD-70069

Like # people like this
Melanie Whyte May 21, 2020

It’s really frustrating.  It seems such an obvious standard feature.

We as a company use a whole suite of Atlassian products, but we have chosen to move away from confluence as our team collaboration tool solely based on this lack of functionality. Critical updates and comms were being missed because we were reliant on people remembering to capture things out of synch with when they are actually working on them.

A real shame Atlassian.

Like # people like this
Scotty Huff April 2, 2022

No option to vote on your link. I think they've decided to ignore their users.

0 votes
AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 12, 2017

It is very unusual to use a version that is so far past end of life. Confluence 2.0 is from 2008.

However, I found a feature request taht indicates blog posts have been in Confluence since version 1 (Blog posts ). So, it seems the most likely issue is that, to create a blog post, you need the 'Add Blog' permission under Space Tools>Permissions or Confluence Admin>Space Permissions.

Melanie Whyte July 12, 2017

Hi Ann,

Thanks for your response

I realise that my question was not clear.  The issue is not with confluence cloud in browser.

It is with the mobile application version of confluence.  That is the version number that i am referencing, as far as I know it is the latest version available in the app store.

Thanks

Melanie

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events