Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add shared links to Space directly from mobile device?

Aniket Sawant May 12, 2020

Hello, is there an easy way to share links from the Confluence mobile app on iOS so that they can directly be added to the "Shared Links" page in a Space?

Currently, going to the "Shared Links" page on the mobile app shows an awkward-looking bookmark that opens up the desktop site for "Shared Links".

From there, one has to horizontally scroll, click on the "Create shared link" button as on desktop. This opens up an overlay with more horizontal scroll into which one can theoretically paste a link.

However, likely because of how the overlay is handled on mobile devices, one can't actually hit the "create" button to create the link page (horizontal scroll doesn't work). And the "go" button on the iOS keyboard doesn't create the link page either. See attached.

Is there a way to solve this? My team and I would like the ability to instantly add web links directly from our mobile devices to the Shared Links page. Ideal would be to use the Confluence mobile app, but we're open to hacks using mobile web & Slack integrations as well.

Thank you.

IMG_1AB90299CF5A-1.jpeg

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Diego
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 2, 2020

Hello @Aniket Sawant ! As I understand, you need to be able to use the “Shared Links Bookmarklet Button” macro from within your Mobile device running our Mobile Application.

Currently, there are some limitations to what is available to the Mobile Platform, one of them is Macros. This is an excerpt from our Documentation:

Not all macros are available

Not all macros will display on the app or mobile web.  If a macro can't be displayed, you'll see the message below, and have the option to tap through to the desktop version of the page, in your device's browser.

This excerpt is taken from here:

Currently, we have no documentation on the Cloud counterpart of the mobile app, it is still being worked on. However, according to this very document, their functionality is very similar:

While the functionality of the two mobile apps is very similar, you will need to download the Confluence Server mobile app to be able to authenticate with a server site. You can't use the Confluence Cloud app with a Confluence Server site or vice versa.

You should be able to work around this by using the Full Desktop Site in your mobile site and possibly the horizontal orientation on your phone if you are still unable to scroll the dialog box sideways.

I understand that this is not an ideal situation, but as of today, that is all information I have at hand.

Let me hear from you!

Aniket Sawant June 10, 2020

@Diego Thank you for your response! Understood. I look forward to using this functionality whenever it becomes available. Best wishes.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events