how to find and replace in the edit page

jinwei lin January 19, 2020

Does any way to fine the word and replace the other word in the edit page?

6 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted

I know what’s problem, cause I just create confluence recently, it has released the new editor, the new editor doesn’t support the find / replace now, this feature will be added in future. 

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFCLOUD-66370?_ga=2.1010166.698200944.1579500083-1866133576.1579500083

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 1, 2021

Hello, everyone! This feature is released and should now be working for everyone in the new editor.

If you have any issues, please raise a ticket with support or ask the Community, and we'll give you a hand!

Take care,

Shannon.

1 vote
mike @ mindbridge March 19, 2020

WORKAROUND: 

Do all your editing outside of Confluence and only use it as a place to paste your final product.  A super pain in the butt but if you do all your writing in markdown it pretty much works.  Needless to say you will have to do some additional editing because Confluence, but mostly it works.

RANT:

It's hard to believe any company is shelling out money for this product.  With the removal of fundamental functionality in the 'new' editor (eg. find/replace, anchors, etc.) Confluence has taken the product back to early 80's standards of editors.  Can't think a Confluence dev can be proud of the work they're doing.

1 vote
Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 19, 2020

Hi @jinwei lin ,

Ctrl+H

TIM截图20200120122827.png

@Ollie Guan 

I don't have this function, when I press Control+H, the browse will be hidden.

Where can I set this function?

Confluence 2020-01-20 13-11-21.png

edwin vasquez
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 19, 2020

Control + H brings up browsing history while using Chrome in Windows. 

Mike Dalrymple March 7, 2020

@Ollie Guanis using the old editor @jinwei lin is using the new editor and as far as I can tell find/replace is not currently supported in the new editor.

0 votes
Natalya_EasyApps
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 8, 2024

We also wanted to find and replace at the space level so we created Find and Replace by Easy Apps (not allowing me to add the link to the app on the Atlassian Marketplace).

0 votes
Mike Dalrymple March 7, 2020

This doesn't appear to be an option in the new editor.  Is there an issue we can track to get updated on the re-implementation of find/replace in the new editor?

mike @ mindbridge March 19, 2020

Confirm this doesn't seem to be an option.  How ridiculous is an editor that doesn't have the functionality of the most basic word processor of the 1980's?

0 votes
edwin vasquez
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 19, 2020

Hello Jinwei,

You should be able to click on the magnifying glass on the upper right hand corner and the dialog box will appear.findreplace.png

Does this answer your question?

Hi @edwin vasquez 

Is it supported on FREE TRIAL ?

Cause we are trying the Confluence.

edwin vasquez
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 19, 2020

Yes, it should be supported. You get access to all the features while in trial. 

I am bad luck, I really do not find the magnifying glass on my page of edit.

I find some apps on Marketplace , but I think it should be a basically function, why I get that from Marketplace.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events