err_access_denied accessing migration.atlassian.com

Owen March 18, 2020

I am looking at migrating a confluence server to cloud, however trying to select the cloud account to migrate to is failing to load. 

After I click 'Choose cloud site', the browser attempts to open migration.atlassian.com but receive 'This site can't be reached'

error.png

If I try and login to atlassian.com, I get 'Something went wrong while attempting to validate your credentials.'

The browser console is filled iwth access denied messages:

error2.png

I am traversing an enterprise proxy to get out to the internet. From a private connection, I can login but naturally I cant access our private confluence server from here to do the migration.

Ordinarily if this was our proxy blocking, I would see proxy related messages in here. The fact its giving err_access_denied suggests atlassian is blocking our proxies public facing IPs?

1 answer

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 22, 2020

Hello Owen,

Could you let me know if you are still encountering this issue, or if you were able to migrate to Cloud?

The error you are experiencing could be related to your network not being able to connect to the Cloud servers in order to perform the migration. Have you already gone through the Confluence pre-migration checklist?

In Step #9, we advise that you update your firewall and any proxies so they are able to connect to our servers in order to migrate.

Update your firewall allowance rules

The migration assistant connects to Atlassian domains in order to run the migration. If any domain gets blocked by either a firewall or a reverse proxy, the migration will fail.

Ensure that the domains listed on Atlassian cloud IP ranges and domains will not be blocked by any security rules before running a migration. Additionally, allow these endpoints:

If you're still encountering the error, I would recommend making sure that you're not blocking any of those IP ranges or domains that we require for the migration, as well as the additional endpoints mentioned.

If you get stuck, please let me know!

Take care,

Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events