Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

enable multi-factor authentication for multiple domains

James Turner August 10, 2021

Hi people, if I had a community of users (clients) from 100 different domains how would we enforce multi-factor authentication for all users? As far as I can see, Confluence is only geared up to use Active Directory for SSO, and that only works if the Confluence is for internal use only. Is there a way for us to enforce MFA for all users (from multiple domains) to access our Spaces? Or, is username/password the only option that Confluence Cloud offers? Ideally, we'd like to use Google Authenticator, Yubikeys, etc. 

1 answer

0 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 19, 2022

@James Turner Welcome to the Atlassian community.

You can use your own IDP in cloud.  Here is the KB on it https://support.atlassian.com/security-and-access-policies/docs/configure-saml-single-sign-on-with-an-identity-provider/

James Turner January 20, 2022

Yes, if we were a large business with dedicated IT staff and could run our own identity provider, I guess that would work. But we're a small business and do not have the internal skills to run an additional system. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events