Why can't I edit the title of a copied Cloud Confluence page?

Johnny O Manns February 13, 2020

Yesterday I copied an existing Cloud Confluence page just so that the page I was creating would appear in the page tree where I wanted it to appear.  Afterwards I deleted the old content of the page and created the new content, but I was not able to change the title of the new page until after I saved the copied page.  After I published the page with the title reflect is a copy of the former page, I was able to then edited it to change the title.  Today one of my staff members experienced the same issue. 

I'm wondering how common is this issue, is the cause known, and is their a fix? 

6 answers

2 votes
Emely Middelkoop February 26, 2020

Submitted a ticket: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFCLOUD-69367 They're working on it. 

2 votes
Dan Winkler
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 13, 2020

Just chiming in to let you know I experienced the same issue a few days ago. What I was able to do was to type what I wanted somewhere else on the page, then copy and paste that info into the title. After I published, I closed the tab then reopened it, and then I was able to edit anywhere I needed to in the page.

It was the first time I'd every experienced that issue.

Johnny O Manns February 13, 2020

Strange indeed.  We migrated to the Atlassian Cloud months ago, but this issue appeared or was noticed this week for the first time.

Christian Hack February 18, 2020

I'm also seeing this. It's definitely something new as I've previously copied pages and not had this issue.

Can edit the copied page content no problem.

Can delete characters from the title (delete/backspace).

Can't add characters by typing in the title, but can paste text in.

If I save the copied page and re-open to edit, then the title is editable as normal.

Using Atlassian Cloud with Chrome 80.0.3987.106

1 vote
Alexis Thibeault February 28, 2020

Same here. Please fix.

1 vote
Heidi Parent February 25, 2020

same here, has been occuring since late last week. 

1 vote
Emely Middelkoop February 25, 2020

Same here. Having this issue since last week. Would definitely appreciate a fix. 

Also, pasting links sometimes show the text and sometimes the url. 

0 votes
Maureen Yearwood March 2, 2020

Yes please fix this is annoying.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events