Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The draft page is empty when attempting to edit a page even though there is information on the page

Gerard McHale January 21, 2022

I am attempting to edit a page in Confluence Cloud. There is information on the page. But when I click the edit button there is no content on the draft page. And if I publish that draft, the content will disappear from the actual page. I've included screenshots below of the page and the content after I click edit.

The page before editing.

page before editing.png

The page after I click the edit button

page after edit is clicked.png

The problem is limited to this particular page. I am able to successfully edit other pages.

I've also noticed that only some of the users on the team are having this problem. Others are able to edit the page without a problem.

I have already searched Google for an answer and I can find a similar problem from 2018 and 2020 but it is only on Confluence Server and the solution involves accessing a database table. I don't have any access like that because I am using Confluence Cloud.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Gerard McHale January 22, 2022

It's not a real solution to the problem but I ended up creating a new page and manually copying the data from the original page to the new page. 

I then had to update all pages containing a link to the original page so that the link now pointed to the new page. Luckily there was only one page that required an update.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events