Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sitting and spinning when hitting the edit button, connecting

Gregory Muir March 31, 2023

Seeing completely inconsistent behavior here. 

1. One page, user can't edit, sits and spins. Was working yesterday. I try to edit, sits and spins. 

2. User has second page, can edit. I go in to edit, sits and spins. 

3. All of us can edit spaces in other locations. Looks like this may be tied to comments. These are pages used to track orders and generate a ton of comments. Performance lags at that point but had never prevented editing before. 

I've seen some posts about how to resolve this on server but we don't have that access level. Submitted a ticket but haven't heard anything yet. 

1 answer

0 votes
Riley Venable
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 31, 2023
Based on the provided context, as an Atlassian Expert, here are some steps and suggestions that might help resolve the issue you're experiencing:

1. Check if you have the necessary permissions to edit the pages in question. As mentioned above, space administrators can edit comments, but it's not clear if you have the necessary permissions to edit the pages themselves.

2. If the issue is related to comments, you can try temporarily disabling comments on the affected pages and see if that resolves the issue. Space administrators can remove the 'Add Comments' permission from the 'confluence-users' or 'users' groups, as well as anonymous users and all other users and groups.

3. It's also possible that the performance lag caused by the high volume of comments is preventing editing. In this case, you can try archiving some of the older comments to see if that improves the page's performance.

4. If none of the above steps help, and you've already submitted a support ticket, you might have to wait for a response from Atlassian support. In the meantime, you can try reaching out to the Atlassian community for help or posting on the Atlassian community forums.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events