Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Office 365 tenant migration and email address change

Juergen June 24, 2020

Hi all,

we have a Confluence cloud version connected to our Office 365 tenant name.com (example) and our company was bought a while ago and will change the name soon.
Now we need to migrate our office 365 tenant including all users(also connected to confluence) to a new tenant with name othername.com.
As all users in confluence are linked to their email addresses and this will change, my question is....
is there a way to takeover their old confluence accounts and personal spaces with their new email addresses?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 24, 2021

@Juergen You will need to add the new domain and then update the user accounts https://confluence.atlassian.com/cloudkb/change-atlassian-account-email-addresses-969508513.html

You might think about submitting an issue to Atlassian support as they might have a way to help with the change.

Juergen October 24, 2021

Hi, i created a ticket and Atlassian changed the name of the confluence instance. After that, all user logged on with their new email addresses(new account) and i deleted the old ones after user space content were copied over to the new users. 

Like Brant Schroeder likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events