Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New User never receives invite

John Robbins March 11, 2022

Support,

Could you check any blocked email accounts on our confluence cloud instance?  A single user is not receiving email invites.  I've resent and even tried removing and readding the user.

No luck.  He of course checked his Junk Mail folder.

Thanks.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 11, 2022

@John Robbins , The community is a support forum and is not monitored by the official Atlassian support group. So if you ever want their help directly you need to go to Atlassian support. Now if you happen to be on a free tear then you are limited to the community

with that out of the way, Is there anything unique about this user's email? Are you able to contact your IT group to see if the email was received at the server? You could share the URL directly to the user via an email. Once you do that are they able to actually create an account?

Nothing unique about the email.  I invited about 5 other users on the same invite and they all worked successfully.  I shared the url earlier but waiting to see the results.

Looking at other support posts, it seems that sometimes Atlassian blocks an email address and they need to remove it manually on their end.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 11, 2022

Are you on free tier? If not contact Atlassian Support. If so let me know.

I submitted a support ticket.  JST-741676

Thanks.

Like Jack Brickey likes this
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 11, 2022

Please update us. I'm interested if this is another blocked email. Did you send site URL to user?

John Robbins March 12, 2022

It was another blocked email issue.  The ticket has been resolved.
As I noted in the ticket, this was a total silent failure.  It would be nice if the site admin (me in this case) could see the blocked emails and be able to remove it.  Alternatively, display an error to the admin when the user email fails.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 12, 2022

Agree. It can be frustrating and I'm seeing this more frequently. Unfortunately there is no way to identify this as the admin from what I have learned, it requires Atlassian support.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events