Migrated Gliffy diagrams are not listed in search results (Type = 'Gliffy Diagram')

Richard Brown September 27, 2022

We have recently migrated from server to cloud. The migrated Gliffy diagrams in the cloud site are correctly displayed on their respective pages and the app appears to be working correctly. However, when using the 'advanced search' page & filtering on 'Type = Gliffy Diagram', only one image is displayed. (The same result is seen either by going directly from the search bar, or via the 'List all Gliffy Diagrams' URL in the Gliffy Configuration page in the Settings menu).
I have tried using the 'Rebuild Search Index' but this doesn't seem to have any effect.

I am not sure what is special about the one image that shows up - it was migrated from the server like all the others, but it has been edited after migration.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Samie Kaufman - Your Gal at Gliffy
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 27, 2022

Hi Richard! 

So sorry for the inconvenience. This is a bug our team logged last week, so it's on our radar and something we're working to fix! I don't have an ETA quite yet, but I'll let you know what else I hear from the team.

I do think a workaround was editing each diagram (like you alluded to!) but I understand that's not feasible from a time investment standpoint for every team.

Samie

Richard Brown September 28, 2022

Thanks for quick response! We have almost 900 diagrams on our site, so a manual fix isn't too attractive. What's the easiest way for me to track the progress of the bugfix? I'd be happy to contribute to testing once it's avaiable. best regards, Richard

Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 28, 2022

Totally understand! We just wrapped up a demo call and it's sounding like the team has made some progress already.

Would you mind emailing support@gliffy.com and let them know you'd like updates on GDEV-2382? You can say that you posted about the issue on Atlassian Community and I sent you. :) 

Thanks so much for being willing to provide feedback!

Filip March 7, 2024

Hello!

quite late update, but was it fixed? I just migrated and have the same problem. 

I discovered that I need to do the content reindex, but if I understand it correctly, only Atlassian support can do it.

Is that correct?

Thanks!
Filip

Richard Brown March 7, 2024

I did send an email to support@gliffy.com back in september '22 and got an initial response the same day from support-gliffy@perforce.com referring to an internal issue ticket ID: GDEV-2382 and a promise to get an update with more info if an internal enquiry returned any news. Sadly, I never heard any more and as far as I can see, the migrated diagrams are still missing from the search results (only drawings made after the migration are included in the result-set). I sent them a new email today to see if they have anything more to share. This bug has not actually caused us any headaches, as far as I'm aware.

best regards, Richard Brown

Community Leader
Community Leader
March 7, 2024

Hi @Filip and @Richard Brown ! Just an FYI that I've seen these notifications on the Atlassian Community and I'm seeing that our support team is now discussing these items. :) Filip, if you haven't reached out to our team directly, I would encourage you to do so as well so that they can help!

0 votes
Richard Brown March 7, 2024

I received this new response today: 

Thank you for contacting Gliffy Support by Perforce.

It looks like you are responding to an old closed case thread. 

The GDEV ticket in question is regarding "Migrated Space Diagrams Not Being Indexed After Performing Rebuild Search Index Action". It looks like since then there have been many improvements to the Migration and also the documentation of migrating to Confluence Cloud. The last note on GDEV-2382 was that "Post migration activities were fixed in the latest GCC update, which eliminated the need for manual index rebuilding."

If you have not yet performed the migration to Confluence Cloud, following the referenced documentation should allow the post-migration functions to run which includes the search index.

However, if you have already performed the migration some time ago, and are unable to re-perform the migration, then the only workaround for the search index issue as noted in our documentation for the post-migration functions not running would be to manually locate the diagram(s) that aren't showing up in search > open the diagram in the Gliffy Edit > Save it again to rebuild the search index > Go back to the Confluence Page and update the page if prompted. Then, confirm  the diagram now displays in the search. 

Filip March 14, 2024

Hi,

Thank you all very much for the response!

Do you have a link to the documentation you mentioned?

"following the referenced documentation should allow the post-migration functions to run which includes the search index."

Atlassian did reindex for me, but it didn't help. I also opened a case with Perforce, but no response yet.

Best regards,
Filip

Community Leader
Community Leader
March 14, 2024
Filip March 15, 2024

Thank you very much!

Do I understand it correctly that there are only 2 non-optimal ways, or am I missing something?

1. Fix before migration - remove restrictions on all pages with diagrams, which is quite inconvenient. Because it's impossible to reapply the exact restrictions for hundreds of pages (not to mention that users might see things they shouldn't for a short time)
  2. Fix after migration - open every diagram and save it again. Quite a drag to complete, but probably easier in the end.

Best regards,
Filip

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events