Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am unable to copy a page on confluence

Victoria Sanguinetti August 6, 2020

I have been trying to copy a page on confluence all day and it still hasn't let me copy this. This is not the first time that it has happened either. 

I would also like to know how it is possible to enable the old confluence editor as the new version doesn't suit my needs. 

Please advise. 

2 answers

0 votes
Deleted user February 28, 2022

This is still happening, constantly getting an error trying to copy a page.  Please fix it.  Screenshot 2022-02-28 at 15.34.41.png

Kasper Bakmann March 1, 2022

@[deleted]the same thing is happening for me @Atlassian Support 

Marian Vissers-Thijssen March 10, 2022

Here too from time to time. Please fix.

Sara Nicholson March 18, 2022

I'm having this issue now, too.

Whitney Patterson March 18, 2022

I'm having the same issue

Austin R. Snider March 18, 2022

We are also having this issue as of today.

Maria Haag March 18, 2022

I am also having this issue today.

Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 19, 2022

Hi All,

This might be related to the outage from March 19th - see: https://confluence.status.atlassian.com/#past-incidents

Or, it could be a bug - other users did report similar issues elsewhere on the Community, and CONFCLOUD-73735 was raised. If it's still impacting you now, I would recommend "voting" on CONFCLOUD-73735 to show this is also impacting your team.

Ste

0 votes
Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 6, 2020

Hi @Victoria Sanguinetti 

Copy Page Issue:

What happens when you try to copy the page? Is the option available? Are you able to copy other pages within the same space? And what about in other spaces?

There's a few different things it could be - for example something simple could be whether you have the appropriate page creation permissions for this space. If you could provide us some more information, that'd be great.

--------------

Legacy Editor:

There isn't a new and old editor as such in Confluence - but you can create pages using the legacy editor page template. It is usually there by default if your Confluence instance was created prior to the release of the new editor.

Click "Create" to create a new page, and it should be in the list of templates as "Legacy Editor Page"

If the option is not available - this post confirms that it can be activated for your site via support - just have your Site Admin contact Atlassian via https://support.atlassian.com/

Ste

@Stephen Wright _Elabor8_ This is what appears when I try to copy a page and it also take forever to load this. 

Screenshot 2020-08-06 at 4.18.30 PM.png

Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 6, 2020

Hi @Victoria Sanguinetti 

It doesn't appear there is a known issue according to Atlassian Status.

I would check if this is happening for just you or all users on your instance - and similarly, if it's just this page or all pages.

If it's happening for just you or just one page, it might be a local issue that your Site Admin can help fix. For example, if only one page is having copy or edit issues, you might need to recreate it (create new > copy/paste contents) to fix the problem.

If however its all users / all pages, then I'd follow the advice on the error message and contact support to investigate.

Ste

@Stephen Wright _Elabor8_ This affects everyone in our organisation and on multiple pages. 

The reason we are trying to duplicate this, is to have a page with same content and use the legacy editor (as this page was done a while ago). We do not have the option to create a new page using the legacy editor and the new version does not fulfil our needs. 

Site admin has looked into this and nothing seems to be wrong, I do not think this issue is on our side. 

Are there any other options to duplicate the page AND to have the legacy editor on it?

Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 6, 2020

Hi @Victoria Sanguinetti 

For activation of the legacy page template, and the slowness in your instance - you're best to contact https://support.atlassian.com/

Ste

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events