Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How to delete a task in Confluence

hi there,

is there a way how I - an administrator of confluence - could delete a task what we previously created? 

the reason of asking this is that after publishing by mistake an initial version of a meeting minutes, couple of tasks have been instantiated, and now they are appearing in the summary reports... if possible I would like to physically delete these unnecessarily created tasks, instead of marking them as complete.

thank you for any advice.

Peter

1 answer

Hi, @Peter Pauwlik !

Have you tried to delete these tasks from pages?

Namely, go to page with this task and just delete it. You need edit permission for this page.

Best regards, Vasiliy.

hi Vasily, 

actually what we did is that certain tasks have been created when the first version of the Meeting Minutes got published, however later on we re-worked on the Meeting Minutes and re-worded the actions... now when I see the report page containing the Incomplete / Complete actions under the meeting minutes page, the old version of the task is part of the report, with incomplete status, and we are unable to mark it as completed as we receive the below error.

So either we would like to physically delete the old version of the task (preferred one), or in the worst case to be able to mark it as completed.

Capture01.JPG

Any help, or idea would be appreciated how to tackle this.

regards,
Peter

I would reccomend to your Atlassian partner for help. 

It seems to be a bug.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Confluence Cloud

What's New in Confluence Cloud – July 2020 Edition

Here’s another edition of “What’s New” this month in Confluence Cloud. Quickly (and more easily) adjust permission settings We know that sometimes the layers of space permissions and page restric...

18,608 views 22 80
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you