Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Refined support the "Include page" macro in Confluence Cloud?

Shirly Tsang March 21, 2022

We are currently testing Refined for Confluence Cloud and noticed the content on Confluence pages using the "Include page" macro was not displayed via Refined. When we checked the list of Confluence macros that Refined supports, "Include" was listed as supported, However, we weren't sure if "Include" is the same as "Include page." Our guess was not since no "Include page" content was displayed.

Any insight into this issue is greatly appreciated

Thanks!
Shirly Tsang
Infoblox, Inc.

2 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Sven Schatter _K15t_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
March 22, 2022

Hey @Shirly Tsang,

I'm one of the developers of Scroll Viewport, which is quite similar to Refined, so I might be able to help you find what's wrong. As far as I understand they do support include macros according to their docs. Please check the following things which can sometimes cause include macros to not show up correctly:

• Is the page you are trying to include in the same space you are publishing via Refined? If not, you might need to enable a setting that allows including "external content" like you can in Viewport.
  • Does the Refined App User have access to the page you are trying to include? I.e. is the included page restricted in any way? If that's the case, Refined might not be able to render the content of the included page because of that.
  • Does the included page contain "complex content" like macros which could make the generation fail? For example, if the included page contains another include macro that points to the original page, that would be a "cyclic inclusion" and that could make Refined not render the macro.

In Scroll Viewport, if anything goes wrong with an include macro, you can see that in the site generation report. If none of the above makes it work for you, maybe there's a similar feature in Refined where you could check what's wrong?

Scroll Viewport - Confluence 2022-03-22 10-53-18.png

Hope this helps! If it doesn't I'd also suggest reaching out to their support like @Stephen Wright _Elabor8_ has detailed.

Cheers,
Sven

Shirly Tsang March 22, 2022

Hi @Sven Schatter _K15t_ 

Thank you so much for your detailed response! Hopefully, we can resolve this issue based on your suggestions.

I will also check out Scroll Viewport to see how it compares to Refined.

Thanks again!

Shirly

Like Sven Schatter _K15t_ likes this
0 votes
Answer accepted
Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 21, 2022

Hi @Shirly Tsang 

I don't know this specific answer - but have you tried contacting the vendor for help?

You can contact them from the support tab in their Marketplace listing:

1. Go to the App's listing
  2. Choose the Support tab - https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1221322/refined-for-confluence-cloud?tab=support&hosting=cloud
  3. Contact the vendor using an option from the right-hand side

Ste

Shirly Tsang March 22, 2022

Hi @Stephen Wright _Elabor8_ 

Thanks for the suggestion! I will reach out to them if we cannot find a solution.

Shirly

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events