Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Confiforms:How to update the Modified date entry with any edit on the corresponding TableView entry?

I have tried everything that I could find on the forum, but there is no clear documentation on this.

I have a user form with a hidden 'Modified' field. Then in the TableView, I have the IFTTT Integration Rules event as following:

event = on modified

action = Create/Update Confiforms Entry

title = Modified=[entry._now]

Then I have the Form Field for Modified in the TableView.

But somehow when I make any in line changes to the entry, this value is not being updated.

Please help!Conf.jpg

1 answer

1 accepted

Hi @Sumeet Nale 

Welcome to this community

From the screenshot I cannot see this is a cloud ConfiForms (question is tagged as "cloud"), but anyway. 

ConfiForms IFTTTs are part of ConfiForms Form Definition and must be placed inside the ConfiForms Form Definition macro body

https://wiki.vertuna.com/display/CONFIFORMS/ConfiForms+app+detailed+view+over+the+plugin+macros

To update the record you need to set the "entryId=[entry.id]", as the documentation says

So the complete parameters set would be 

entryId=[entry.id]&Modified=[entry._now]

Alex

Thanks Alex!

In addition to entryId, I was using a date with format control MM/dd/yyyy. That didn't seem to work so just changed to timestamp instead.

Not sure I understand the comment about the format.

Where do you have this? 

Alex

This is in the field definition of 'Modified'. I had set the Field type as date and I was using the format MM/dd/yyyy in Rules for filed definition.

But then the Modified was just showing up entryId and date was blank.

Then I changed the filed type to Timestamp (epoch) and removed rules for field definition. It did the trick.

Anyway, it makes sense to have the timestamp.

Still not getting where have you used the formatting pattern.

But I am happy you have found a way to fix the configuration for you

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Confluence Cloud

Presenter Mode for Confluence is here 🖥 👩‍💻

👋  Hello Community!  My name is Stephanie Zhang, and I’m a product manager on the Confluence cloud team. Today, I’m excited to announce the rollout of  Presenter Mode : a ...

79,959 views 126 302
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you