Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone successfully create a site in Conf. Cloud that looks like a regular ol' website?

Laura December 12, 2022

I want to create a developers portal for API documentation. I'd like the site/space to look more like a website than an online Help. Has anyone else done something like this? I know I can use code blocks for HTML, but I'd like the space to be even more "web-sitey" than that. I'd love to hear how your turned out. 

Thanks,

Laura

2 answers

1 vote
Aron Gombas _Midori_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 13, 2022

You could eventually approach this from a different angle. There is a popular app called Viewport which will take the content in your Confluence and generate an actual website from it. You have great control over "generate" and use your preferred look, layout, design, etc.

There are several companies who work this way and produce professional documentation sites like this one.

Laura December 14, 2022

Thanks Aron. I am familiar with K15's viewports. I will check out the link you provided for Viewport. Is the documentation site you shared yours? That is more in-line with what I'm looking to be able to do.  Thanks for the response!

Sven Schatter _K15t_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
December 15, 2022

Hi @Laura,

The link that @Aron Gombas _Midori_ shared is our demo help center. If you want to see some real world examples you can go here or browse our own documentation which is also built on Scroll Viewport.

Hope this helps!

Cheers,
Sven

0 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 12, 2022

@Laura You will have to use an app like Refined.

Laura December 14, 2022

Thanks for the response, Brant! I will check them out.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events