Add Expand macro to template?

Liz Rollet May 4, 2022

I am creating a template with an expand macro (/expand) on the page.  In that expand macro, there is a table which has /variable added to it.  I want to end up with a table in the expand macro where the left side has a description and the right has a /variable for each row.

The template has been created and saved.  When I choose the template, I can access the variables not in the expand macro without an issue.  The expand macro is shown collapsed; when I click to expand it, the page stops being the editable template and turns into a "normal" page for editing.  I no longer see my variables and the table in the expand macro does not show any variables in it.

If I go to Templates and click on the template I just created, I do not see my expand macro in the view - it's skipped right over.  I can see everything else.

Is the expand macro not compatible with a template?  Can you not have /variable fields in an expand macro?  Is there any way around this?

Please let me know if you have any questions!
Thank you!

Liz

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Laura Campbell _Seibert Media_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 9, 2022

Hi @Liz Rollet 

Just tried to reproduce what you described, and I think I ran into the same problem. Have you tried creating a version of the template without the expand? It seems to be some kind of display problem with the expand.

Liz Rollet June 9, 2022

Hi Laura!

Yes, we did find that if we removed the expansion macro, the template worked fine.  That is the solution at this time.

I am sure this is an edge case and most people don't want to use the expand macro with a template so the workaround is fine for our use case.

Thank you for confirming that someone else is running into the same issue!

Liz

J Fincher June 6, 2023

Edge case or not, I wish this worked.  It seems reasonable to me that it should work, and I find myself having to work around the fact that it doesn't work.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events