Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simultaneous Updates

Jacque Coleman July 11, 2022

How do all updates get saved if multiple people are editing the same confluence page in Teams?  If I get a popup telling me a new version of the page has been published while I'm in the middle of my edits, if I reload the page, are my edits gone?  Thanks.

1 comment

Comment

Tygrr DosRemedios
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 11, 2022

Great question! @Jacque Coleman

If you leave the page in edit mode (for example, to post in the chat), and come back, the page will be just as you left it. You will have to click on Save or Close to exit edit mode. Save will reflect the new changes and Close will revert back to the previous version.

Jacque Coleman July 11, 2022

Thank you for the reply, but wasn't quite the information I was looking for.  Once I am in Edit mode, my options are to Publish or to Close.  However, my question is what if multiple people are editing the same page at the same time.  I did my own test to see what the answer is.  Good news!  Once one person hits Publish, the rest of us get a popup window letting us know if we are also in Edit mode, that a new version was just published and our changes were included.  If we have made no changes, the pop up window alerts us to reload the page to see changes. Perfect!

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events