Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Local Confluence and SSO

Richard Home September 13, 2021

Hi,

I have two separate questions. Firstly, does this plugin also work with on-premises Confluence (and Jira, for the corresponding Jira plugin) installs? My org does not use Atlassian Cloud, preferring to host on our own infrastructure.

Secondly, we have SSO for both Teams and our Confluence, can I confirm that with the linking of accounts that each user is linking their own SSO account with their own Confluence account (which is the same, because of SSO)? I ask because I have seen some terrible integrations which use a single Confluence account, no matter who is accessing the data, which would be a terrible security issue.

Thanks in advance.

Richard.

1 answer

Suggest an answer

1 vote
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 13, 2021

@Richard Home Welcome to the Atlassian Community

Question number one the cloud product will only work on cloud.  There are some other apps for server https://marketplace.atlassian.com/search?hosting=server&product=confluence&query=microsoft%20teams

If you set up SSO correctly each user will have their own account in Confluence tied to their SSO account.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events