Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confluence notifications for Teams channel?

Connor
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 1, 2022

Is it possible to configure the Confluence Cloud for Microsoft Teams app to send notifications to Teams channels? I want to notify a channel every time a new page is added to a Space. Maybe I've missed a setting but it doesn't appear possible.

Can someone confirm whether it's possible or not? And if not possible, is this feature on the roadmap?

4 answers

1 accepted

Suggest an answer

3 votes
Answer accepted
Tony Knopp
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 1, 2022

Hey @Connor 

You cannot setup notifications directly to a Teams channel with the Confluence Cloud integration currently.

You can 'pin a tab' to a channel and add that Confluence page to the top of the channel and that should encourage folks to take a look!

Channel notifications are not currently on the roadmap due to the use case of informing a team of updates to a Confluence page is relatively uncommon but we would love to hear more about your use case!

We've found that encouraging folks to 'watch' a page and then use the personal notifications functionality to stay up to date solves the majority of use cases.

Thanks,

Tony

CC: @Tygrr DosRemedios 

Connor
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 1, 2022

Thanks for the information Tony, even if it was disappointing. 

My use case is I want to notify a Teams channel every time a new page is created in a specific space. 

Like # people like this
Tygrr DosRemedios
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 2, 2022

Thanks for letting us know! @Connor We appreciate your request and will consider it for future developments. 

Like # people like this
Pascal DENICOU November 2, 2022

Hi There,

I have exactly the same use case and would love to hear about a future implementation, thanks

Like Ryan Boyd likes this
Baltrusch_ Sven January 12, 2023

Hi, here is a use case:

We have Confluence spaces for different products. For each product, we blog about new features and updates (and other things). To avoid that visitors have to go to separate product spaces, we are collecting blog posts with label "X" on a separate Confluence page using the blog post macro.

Watching this new combined page does not trigger notifications to watchers, as updates happen within the macro and not on the page itself.

But I know that the relevant audience is using an MS Teams channel, and I would like to inform them automatically about the news.

So the idea was to set up an automation (like in Jira Automation) that posts through an MS Teams webhook under the conditions I'm defining. (Example:
if blog post in space "A, B and C" with label "X" - then post to webhook)

Update: Never mind - found the automation. Thanks

Like Connor likes this
0 votes
Kate Flack October 4, 2023

@Baltrusch_ Sven What was the solution you found?

Baltrusch_ Sven October 20, 2023

The automation in Confluence. When a blog post is created, and it matches space 1,2,3 and it has labels A, B, C, then send a MS Teams message using a webhook.

0 votes
Move Work Forward
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 3, 2022

HI @Connor 

Thanks for writing.

You can setup notification about new page create with a parent page filter using Advanced Microsoft Teams Confluence Connector or Microsoft Teams Confluence Connector Lite.

You can configure this on the space and global levels.

Please let us know if you need further help.

Regards,

Leo

0 votes
Kalin U
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 1, 2022

You will be able to do so using webhooks, once Automation for Confluence goes out of Early Access Preview into General Availability some time this year :)

Stephen Cittadini July 28, 2023

Is this still the case? Trying to push notifications to teams from my confluence pages and struggling to do so with all these supposed connectors. 

Like Kate Flack likes this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events