Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confluence Cloud for Microsoft Teams App Installation Instructions

Use Microsoft Teams and Confluence together

The Confluence Cloud for Microsoft Teams app lets your team:

• Capture meeting notes as a group and use the power of Confluence to create action items and decisions directly within Teams.

• Share meeting notes automatically via Teams chat after the meeting, so you can keep everyone in the loop.

• Easily search within Teams for previously shared pages, so information isn’t ever lost.

• Add a Confluence page to a Teams tab so you can easily reference and keep track of information.

Getting started

To add the Confluence Cloud for Microsoft Teams app: 

1. Open your Microsoft Teams app

2. Click  > Apps in the bottom right corner

3. Search > Confluence Cloud

4. Click > Open and follow the prompts to connect to your Cloud site

10 comments

Comment

Geo Bourcier April 5, 2021

I Just used this document to install the app. Everything went great until step 6. Things looked different for me on the apps page. I still managed to click the Confluence Cloud app and add the app from there. 

Screen Shot 2021-04-05 at 3.50.09 PM.png

Like # people like this
Catherine Chang
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 5, 2021

@Geo Bourcier Thanks for letting us know. I've updated the documentation to add a note baed on what you saw. Cheers!

Paul Benario May 6, 2021

Both steps here include downloading and uploading the add-on.. is that still needed now that these are available in their respective 'app stores'?

Maud September 14, 2021

Hi, followed the steps but I can't finish the process, I can't select my Confluence Site in the list, it doesn't appear... I am the Confluence Administrator :-) What can I do ? I searched in the documentation and in the community and I didn't find any solution... Someone could help here ?

UPDATE : it's OK, it took a few days to see my site but it's good now :-)

Capture.PNG

Mohajit Acharya September 27, 2021

Hello,

I have configured the Confluence Cloud app to my Microsoft Teams instance. I want to add this app as a Tab to my Meetings scheduled from Calendar in Microsoft Teams in order to take meeting notes, share notes and publish, etc. Also for searching any topics in Confluence without having to leave Microsoft Teams.

I have gone through the instruction mentioned below but I am not seeing any + icon in my Meeting in the Calendar. Any help would be highly appreciated as I am stuck now. Looks like I am missing something very fundamental. I am the admin for both Microsoft Teams and Confluence.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/confkb/use-microsoft-teams-and-confluence-together-1079345180.html 

Looking forward!

Léo Badia October 7, 2021

Hi,
I'm trying to connect to the confluence app with teams but it dosn't work. I get this window when I click "sign in" and it doesn't go anywhere, it just stays blank :Capture.PNG

Like # people like this
Melvin Isken October 11, 2021

I have the same empty screen...

The old app was working before. I already unsinstalled and reinstalled the app, but no success.

Sina Abdi November 30, 2021

Th empty screen can be worked around if you go to the web based microsoft teams and connect confluence. The app doesnt work with this feature for some reason.

Like # people like this
Shaun Giddings August 26, 2022

Are there any plans to update the app so that you can add a new tab to a Team that is to a Confluence Space instead of a single page? I feel like a Space is far more useful than a page. 

Silvana Heiß September 6, 2022

Hi everyone, currently I am trying to connect all my colleagues in teams with Confluence. Unfortunately, I have the problem that when I click on "Sign-In" for some of them, the call is automatically terminated and logging in is not possible. When the colleagues try it on their own nothing happens at all when they click on "Sign-In". Maybe someone has an idea what the problem is? Or is there another way to establish the connection? I would be very grateful for any ideas!

Edit: I tried the web version but here it responses with "AuthEndPointError"...

Like Marcel Lamby likes this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events