Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Legacy Confluence Cloud for MS Teams Product demo, Introductions, and WELCOME!

yellow-star Please check out our new community post and share your feedback or comments hereyellow-star 

If you are running into issues upgrading your legacy app to the new one, please see directions here.

apps-illustration.png

Hi there, 

Thanks for stopping by this community group! This forum is going to be your one-stop-shop to:

• 👀See a video demo of the Confluence Cloud for Microsoft Teams application

• 🚀Get access to installation instructions
  • 🆘Find help and documentation 
  • 🔗Connect and share feedback (comment or make your own post). We'll also be posting early designs here to preview what concepts we're exploring. 

Since this is a welcome thread, I'll start with an intro of myself. 🙋‍♀️

👋I'm Catherine, a product manager at Atlassian. I've been at Atlassian for 2.5 years now, and I've worked on various projects across Bitbucket, the Jira Cloud for Google Sheets / Excel integrations. Currently, I'm on a mission to help our customers who use Atlassian and Microsoft products get the most out of their toolset, so I'm super pumped to get you all started with the Confluence Cloud & Microsoft Teams application. 😃

Product demo

Here's a demo of what we've got so far! Our app allows you to:

• Search and share Confluence pages in Teams
  • Create Confluence pages during meetings
  • Quickly find Confluence pages after team meetings

➡️Want to get started? Head to the installation instructions!

Have questions? Comment here directly with:

• An short intro of yourself
  • What your feedback is!

21 comments

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new comments.

Rahul Patil
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 2, 2021

👋 Hi, I am Rahul from the Product Integrations team at Atlassian, excited to be here 🤗 

Like # people like this
Emil Sohlberg
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 2, 2021

Hey everyone, I'm Emil from Product Integrations at Atlassian! I'm so happy you're all interested in what we've been working on!!

Like # people like this
AlexC
Atlassian Team
April 2, 2021

Hi everyone! I am an engineer on the Product Integrations team at Atlassian and have been working on this new version of our Confluence Cloud integration for Microsoft Teams.  I hope you have a chance to try it out and give us feedback and recommendations on how we can improve the experience.

Like # people like this
Joel April 5, 2021

Hey team!

Love the work you're doing in this area! Looks like definite progress.

One of the features I would love to see is the ability to as follows:

• We have a recurring Team meeting every week
  • Currently we duplicate the previous weeks notes at the end of that meeting and throughout the week update next weeks meeting notes
  • It would be great if this process was more fluid and easy
  • Perhaps there could be a duplicate notes and rename function based on the date of the next meeting...

Just a thought.

Thanks, 
Joel

Like # people like this
George Adams April 6, 2021

Fantastic demo.  Thanks for sharing, very helpful.

Like Catherine Chang likes this
Catherine Chang
Atlassian Team
April 6, 2021

Hey @Joel , could you tell us more about why your team duplicates those notes exactly? Are you specifically copying over the notes from the last meeting? Or are you just duplicating the structure of those notes?

Like Matt McDaniel likes this
Tere Pile May 5, 2021

Hi, 

I'm the Atlassian admin on our site, now that I have the right apps installed (teams/confluence) time to play!!!  I'm curious about a couple of items as I'm looking for better was to communicate w/users moving away from emails!

1 -  Specific use case at the moment is release nontes.  Slightly more information than the card.  Similar to what someone might get with an email from confluence or at minimum a page snippet 

2 - Will there be away to automate the post in teams from confluence using tags or other?  

Matt McDaniel
Atlassian Team
May 6, 2021

Hi, @Tere Pile Happy to hear you're ready to get started with Confluence in Teams and hopefully you and your team get a lot out of what we're building. Getting away from email is definitely one of the motivations behind building a great Confluence app for Teams laugh

I'd love to get you more information on those two items, but I have a couple clarifying questions first:

1. Sounds like you're trying to push specific content updates (release notes) from Confluence to Teams but are looking for more than just an adaptive card notification. Does that sound right? Moreover how big a snippet would be helpful? Like just a few lines or are you looking for more like half a page?
  2. Automating posts in Teams using tags like connecting a channel to Confluence to receive specific notifications? Channel notifications are something that we're still putting a lot of thought into so I'd love to hear more about that: like what types of updates are those, and how many do you expect to come in over the course of a day?

Looking forward to hearing back smile

Tere Pile May 7, 2021

@Matt McDaniel thanks for the response:

1 - yes / more like half page although to be clear in our case, the information of interest is in a page property macro so - obviously open to options even if I have to reformat my release notes.  

2 - still w/release notes here although i'm sure there are uses beyond.  My example is I have a specific 'tag' which is used for a create page macro, When published, hook to a specific team channel.  How often could be numerous accorss company but for the 2 projects i'm working on now it under 10 a day I believe. Honestly a more intuitive update similar to automation in Jira would be great, i.e. create publish w/x is 1/2 page update and versions beyond that then are only what changed in that 1/2 section.  

Henry Chladil June 15, 2021

Hello, it would be appreciated if in future Atlassian does not push out advertisements to Teams channels. This is concerning and not something we would like to see in the future. Thank youimage.png

Like Rahul Patil likes this
George June 16, 2021

Is this https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1219516/microsoft-teams-for-confluence-cloud?hosting=cloud&tab=overview

the released version?

Confluence page on Teams is read-only,I can't edit confluence page from Microsoft Teams(Only add comments) and don't know how to sync the meeting notes either.

Rahul Patil
Atlassian Team
June 16, 2021

@George No, thats the legacy version of app which doesn't have any support for meeting notes. We'll be releasing the new version of the app soon, stay tuned.

Like George likes this
George June 17, 2021

@Rahul PatilMany thanks for your clarification. Can't wait for the new version.

Like Rahul Patil likes this
Mary Harvey June 18, 2021

So, you are taking away the Tab functionality?  Will that come back in a future release?  It is very helpful to be able to share Confluence information within a tab for fast access to a page relevant to a Teams channel.

George June 20, 2021

Hello guys and well done on the Confluence-Teams work!
I have connected MS Teams with Confluence and have subscribed to three (3) spaces for monitoring their activity. Although with other MS Connectors I can setup the connector on a specific MS Teams Channel, Confluence is not visible/available to do so on channel level. How Confluence may post activity of the subscribed spaces within a specific channel? Thank you.

Like Patrick Fürer likes this
Amanda Zacarias June 23, 2021

Hi there,
I am very excited about this new app integration with teams. Due to the notification on Teams, I thought that it would be live and available right away. 
It's a bit disappointing that it's not. Can you please share any timelines with us?
And also are you planning to share a step by step on how to set up the meeting notes functionality? 
Thanks

Like # people like this
Rahul Patil
Atlassian Team
June 23, 2021

@Amanda Zacarias we are also very excited to get this shiny new experience in front of our users. Unfortunately we cannot share any timelines with you as we work through the app approval process, however I'll say that we are very close, stay tuned :)

Like Laura likes this
Matthias Möller August 4, 2021

Hello there!

Are there any news on the release date of the new Teams/Confluence integration app?

Thanks

Like Laura likes this
Laura
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
August 5, 2021

@Amanda Zacarias @Matthias Möller I'm excited to announce that the new app is now available! You can check out the offical blog here and the community group post here. Excited to hear what you think! 

Tygrr DosRemedios
Atlassian Team
August 5, 2021

@Mary Harvey The new app allows you to "Add a tab." You can find directions on how to use it here. We agree that it's definitely a useful feature for our users smile

Tygrr DosRemedios
Atlassian Team
August 5, 2021

@George We have personal notifications coming soon but notifications to channels are still under consideration for development for now. 

Like George likes this

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new comments.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events