Coming soon: the new Confluence Cloud and Microsoft Teams integration

ðŸ‘‹  Hi everyone,

I'm Tygrr and I'm a Product Manager working alongside @Catherine Chang and the rest of the product integrations team here at Atlassian. 

I'm excited to share that the new Confluence Cloud and Microsoft Teams integration is just around the corner! In the coming weeks, we will be releasing the new app to the Atlassian Marketplace and Microsoft AppSource. You can also look for us at Microsoft Inspire this week!

Whether you are a die-hard user of the legacy integration or a new kid on the block, we are eager to share the new experience and get your feedback. 

The new app brings search and collaboration directly into Teams, so you can keep the conversation flowing within Teams while getting the most out of Confluence.

Here's a sneak peek:

And lastly, thank you to everyone who participated in the early access program and shared feedback with us. Your insights helped us bring the new integration to life, and we are so grateful.  

Please continue sharing feedback, comments, and questions!

3 comments

Comment

Tyler August 4, 2021

Was unpleasantly surprised to find this integration automatically installed and given Admin rights to our Confluence spaces on Confluence cloud. How can I trust Atlassian when changes to our permission settings seem to happen without consent or at least a notification/heads-up?

Tygrr DosRemedios
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 4, 2021

@Tyler Apologies for any confusion! The app is pre-installed as a System App for all of our Confluence Cloud instances. The app does not have any access to your data until you add it and have signed in giving us explicit permissions.

You do have the option to disable it from your System apps if you'd like to do so. Please go to the cog in the top right of your Confluence Space.

1. Scroll down to "Manage Apps"

2. You'll see "User-Installed" and can change that to "System"

3. Search for "Microsoft Teams for Confluence Cloud" and open 

4. Click "Configure"

5. Click the button to disable

I'll be working with the team to optimize communications around this in the future. Thanks for sharing your feedback!

Laura
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
August 5, 2021

yellow-star I'm excited to announce that the new app is now available! You can check out the official blog here and the community group post here. Excited to hear what you think! 

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events