Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom Emojis aren't visible for anonymous users

Deleted user July 22, 2022

Please note this is an important bug that has been ignored by Atlassian for over 2.5 years (https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFCLOUD-65481) This bug was closed due to an "unable to be reproduced" even though customers continue to reproduce it today--see attachments to show that my company logomark was created and works properly as long as we are logged in. If we log out and are anonymous, we see only the text placeholder for the emoji :ApicaIO: is showing.

This is unacceptable, and companies that use Confluence and create custom emojis for their products or services NEED to display these properly to anonymous/public users.

Please RE-open this bug up with a high priority because this has already been open for almost 3 years this December 2022.

ApicaIO Icon PRESENT.jpg

3 answers

2 votes
Ethan Yew
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 25, 2022

Hi @[deleted] , I notice you were unable to upload and share attachments detailing the reproduction steps for the original issue linked. Though the fix is unfortunately not straightforward, I agree that this issue has remained open for far too long.

My team and I are looking to further investigate this, and other emoji-related rendering issues going forward. If you are free and willing, I'd like to invite you to share more on the pain points you're encountering with my team. You can book some time in my calendar using my Calendly links below:

1 vote
Srinatha T
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 25, 2022

Hi @[deleted] ,

Welcome to community. 

Yes there are some bugs around this. There is another existing bug which also deals with emoji's issue. You might want to vote for the same. 

CONFCLOUD-67768 - Custom Emojis appear as a Blue Star in mobile 

Thanks,

Srinath T

0 votes
Deleted user July 26, 2022

@Ethan Yew  I am happy to see that [CONFCLOUD-65481] Emojis aren't visible for anonymous users

It now has a new status of Needs Triage (priority Low, Bug), so it has been reopened.

It still has not been assigned during this time, which could be why it has remained open for 2.5 years. 

If you and your team work with Mariia Kozina to resolve this, that would be ideal since there is a long list of comments there to refer to.

If you'd still like my feedback on interacting with Atlassian, please ping me? Thanks!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events