Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's New in Confluence Cloud – September 2019 Edition

67 comments

Juha Rajala October 7, 2019

Great additions! Like the productivity hack.

Like Jessica Taylor likes this
Kate Welling October 7, 2019

Please can we have better tables?

vinay October 7, 2019

Updates are very useful especially Team Goals with templates is a cool feature

Keegan Lowenstein October 7, 2019

Please make it obvious which comments were added during the "[collaborator] added 3 new comments; refresh to view" flow. Currently for long docs the best solution is to check email notifications - not ideal. Thanks!

St.John Vuetilovoni October 7, 2019

It's getting better all the time, keep up the innovation! :-)

Nikhil Kundra October 7, 2019

Excited for that OKR template! Dark theme would be nice when I'm working at night :) Otherwise, there's always "Dark Reader" Chrome extension. "Dynamic" is the best :) 

Tashfiqul Islam October 7, 2019

Amazing update !

Andrew Brunker October 7, 2019

Looking good, going to see if anything fits into our current workflow

Iskren Hadzhinedev October 8, 2019

This is great and all but can we PLEASE get a key remap interface or at least a toggle that shuts down all hotkeys ? Most software me and my company use have Ctrl+Enter for a new paragraph which immediately publishes the page and I cannot emphasize on how frustrating this is. Also, tab by accident and you're suddenly hovering something other than the editor. Next few letters navigate away from your page and you lose everything you've typed so far.

Tammy Valgardson October 8, 2019

Awesome!

Prem October 9, 2019

great additions. @ team mentions will be really helpful. 

Lisa Rendell October 9, 2019

Great stuff!

gus.a.erickson October 9, 2019

I am excited about the full width pages.

Brenda Hutton October 10, 2019

..................and still no workable text editor.      Sad, sad, sad.

Avinoam
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 11, 2019

Hi all!

I’m Avinoam, a product manager working on the new editing experience in Confluence Cloud, and I’ll do my best to answer all the editing related questions here:

• When can we expect the "linking images" feature to return?

• A: Linking images is something we’re absolutely going to support for when you ultimately want to migrate pages from the legacy editor to the new one, however, adding that functionality in the new one is something we’re gathering more feedback on and which you can track and weigh in on via our public roadmap here.

• Looking forward to standard wiki markdown coming back for Confluence pages. It's pretty painful to import tables of data without it.

• A: As seen here that should work. If it isn’t, please open a support ticket so we can look into it!

• Can we get a dark theme please?

• A: We currently don’t have plans in the short term for this but would love to hear more from everyone on how you’d want to use this!

• Really need to bring back the "undo" button. The undo button behaviour on the browser is VERY different than what old Confluence, especially when working with tables.

• A: We hear you, and at the same time we’re trying to ensure the new editing experience enjoys a powerful yet clutter free environment. You can absolutely undo with ctrl or command + Z though!

• now if the table editor would get fixed it would be wonderful.

• A: Would love to know more what you mean by this with more details 🙂

• Can you make better tables? I'd like to copy and paste tables from a word document and paste it the wiki without having to recreate tables.

• A: Tables have been and will continue to be a HUGE focus are for us. Would love to know more about some of the challenges you’re facing so we can act on them.

• You did not mention the horrible, intrusive framed links that I notice are not present in this article. This is going to be a nightmare as we add new pages with this abomination. Also you can only link pages that you have recently visited! No feature for finding the page or file you want to link to. I can't believe this has happened. Please give me the old system back!

• A: We’re super sorry to hear you feel this way! 😞 We are tracking that in our public roadmap and would love to get more feedback on your use case and how it’s breaking from your perspective.

• Was trying to embed a Google Sheet in a page and couldn't find my way around it -- can I get some guide? Thanks!

• A: Were you using the new or legacy editor? An easy way to distinguish is in the new editor the publish button is on the top right vs. bottom right.

• This is great and all but can we PLEASE get a key remap interface or at least a toggle that shuts down all hotkeys ? Most software me and my company use have Ctrl+Enter for a new paragraph which immediately publishes the page and I cannot emphasize on how frustrating this is. Also, tab by accident and you're suddenly hovering something other than the editor. Next few letters navigate away from your page and you lose everything you've typed so far.

• A: Thank you for this feedback! we’ll definitely pass it on to the teams and look into it!

Apologies if I couldn’t answer everyone’s questions, but in case you want to go deeper I openly invite you to schedule time with me directly here to ask any new editing experience related questions!

Thanks!

Avinoam

Like # people like this
DA
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 15, 2019

Hello folks,

Following @Avinoam , my name is Daniel and I'm also a Product Manager on the Atlassian team where I focus on our collaboration experience. I wanted to answer one suggestion related to comments - Please make it obvious which comments were added during the "[collaborator] added 3 new comments; refresh to view" flow. Currently for long docs the best solution is to check email notifications - not ideal. 

We hear you loud and clear and we're making a ton of exciting improvements to both the commenting experience and notifications experience in Confluence this year which I believe will address this issue. These include improving how our update flags work so that customers can click and scroll to view a comment in position, ensuring that we're only sending the most relevant notifications to customers, and making it easier to create + view both page and inline comments wherever you are in the product.

Stay tuned and I look forward to sharing more as we roll out some of these new experiences over the next 12 months.

hilarydub
Atlassian Team
October 22, 2019

@John Wheeler Premium PM here - I hear your frustration. I can assure you that even with Premium, the large majority of our product investment is focused on delivering features to Standard, not to mention we've kept all existing features in Standard (none were moved behind a Premium paywall, and we don't plan to do so in the future).

Confluence Cloud Premium is designed for larger, more advanced cloud customers who want to scale. We’ve identified problems that arise when our customers have lots of users and content on their sites, and we focus on these problems to determine the functionality that gets added to Premium. You mention keeping it simple - we've heard time and again that we're cluttering our products with too meany features, so we see Premium as a way to keep Standard simple while still building out specific features to support the advanced use cases of our larger customers.

I'd be happy to hop on a call to chat more about your concerns with Premium if you're interested - hdubin@atlassian.com

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events