What's New in Confluence Cloud – September 2019 Edition

67 comments

Dilery Flores October 1, 2019

Great

Like Jessica Taylor likes this
Meagan Hanes October 1, 2019

Thanks for listening to your users and such fast iterative design, development, and deployment!

Philip Mathew October 1, 2019

Thank you. 

Can you make better tables? I'd like to copy and paste tables from a word document and paste it the wiki without having to recreate tables. 

Like Mike Yang likes this
David Stephensen October 1, 2019

You did not mention the horrible, intrusive framed links that I notice are not present in this article. This is going to be a nightmare as we add new pages with this abomination. Also you can only link pages that you have recently visited!  No feature for finding the page or file you want to link to.  I can't believe this has happened. Please give me the old system back!

Like # people like this
David Stephensen October 1, 2019

How can this improve readability????

dreadful links.png

Dennis Palombit October 1, 2019

I'm on my way to level 1 :)

Like # people like this
Menuka Weerasooriya October 2, 2019

Awsome new features.

Sundar October 2, 2019

Nice.

John Wheeler October 2, 2019

Seriously? Introducing pay-for-improvemts into Confluence with a premium model? Why would you not just deliver that value to your customers instead of money-grabbing for it? Keep it simple guys, and cost predictable. Deliver value and your base will grow - in current tenants and new ones. No need for the premium confusion.

Like # people like this
Alejandro Menor Graf October 2, 2019

@ mention teams nice addition

Jonathan Lahue October 2, 2019

can we get images on issue cards for the kanban view? They all look the same 😢

Oluwapelz October 3, 2019

Very nice stuffs here.

I would still prefer the Old one for now though.

PS: This is based on the contents of this post and it comments.

Ron M October 3, 2019

Atlassian you're the worst!!! should've been shut off years ago.

Dmitriy Nikolaev October 3, 2019

Just small tip,

Would be more convenient to read if picture related to the feature will be placed after heading )  

Like Annika likes this
Maqsood Memon October 3, 2019

Well, I kinda like this new look and UI it looks amazing and more modern than before! I cannot imagine a day of my life without Atlassian. It really helps with my team! Leather Jackets Naukry

MAlvarado-Pazo October 3, 2019

Awesome!

noah.schwartz October 3, 2019

Yes! I love this.

Baskar Rengaiyan October 3, 2019

Good

Mike Bowen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 4, 2019

The full width page, does this apply to external Customer Portal pages?, because that is our BIGGEST COMPLAINT OF ALL OUR EXTERNAL CUSTOMERS. We provide knowledge bases and release notes and currently our valued customers have to deal with 800px screen widths where almost 100% of users are using LCD screens with a lot higher resolutions, and they have to SCROLL and SCROLL and SCROLL or ZOOM to see tiny screenshots. No one should have to Zoom a page to see content. 

I am surprised though we are not seeing an announcement from Atlassian allowing Confluence users the ability to select more than 5 colours on their table backgrounds. It was actually ridiculous writing that sentence. "more than 5 colours".  It's only 2019, and yet we are stuck in the dark ages with 5 colour palette...,Worst still @Craig Petchell has the balls to close the ticket assigned to him because he added an extra colour. 

Dark Ages - 5 colours.png

But hey ho, I am willing to bet this 1996 feature of a 16 million colour palette will probably only be available in the Premium version.  For companies like mine where we are paying more than $800/mth for Atlassian products, we are clearly not paying enough for the basics of more than 5 colour palette.

Another thing I would have loved to seen announced is linked applications reflect the status of the ticket (e.g. Jira Core, Jira Projects and Jira Service desk tickets when closed, should show their status in the Confluence page. How difficult would that be to link the application statuses. Atlassian have our company wrapped around their finger with all these wonderful applications, yet basic functionality such as status can't be reflected in the confluence pages via macros or filters. 

These changes are not really amazing changes. Amazing would be if Atlassian addressed the 3 or 4 year old tickets sitting dormant in their queues, never to see the light of day. 

Melanie Drake October 4, 2019

As far as I know, there's still no easy way to create a link to a file attachment using the new Fabric editor in Confluence.  I think adding a link to a file attachment is a fairly common use case.  As a workaround, I have to find the URL to an attachment in another browser tab and then paste that URL into the add link popup.

JayD October 4, 2019

Good stuff!

What about adding support for polls (an extremely basic and common thing for collaboration) without an add-on??

Nicholas Wade October 5, 2019

I wouldn't mind if you polished up the core product before adding unnecessary bells & whistles.... It's like putting lipstick on a pig.

Ferry Chahaya October 6, 2019

Finally!  Full-Width page!  Thank You! 

genevieve October 6, 2019

great to know about better integration with GoogleDocs, thanks!

See Yin Tan October 6, 2019

Awesome! Was trying to embed a Google Sheet in a page and couldn't find my way around it -- can I get some guide? Thanks!

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events