Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's New in Confluence Cloud – April 2020 Edition

74 comments

Rik van der Kroon April 27, 2020
  • Please allow us to create proper company templates (i.e. headers, footers etc.)
  • Please improve your PDF exporter, it's an absolute mess now!

I want the ability to create documentation that has our company letterhead and all required confidentiality statements displayed by default. And then the ability to export these documents to PDF so I can share them with stakeholders and vendors who are not on Confluence...

Like Deleted user likes this
Sudipta Panda April 28, 2020

@Morgan Daly : I humbly beg to differ that we are haters :). We all love Confluence. We all love Atlassian and its products. It's just we are providing honest feedback so that product become ever stronger.  If we don't who would. 

We all love Atlassian products.

Like # people like this
Mike Goitein April 28, 2020

The interesting part is that I think many of the people hating here are deeply involved in software development and personally familiar with the challenges involved. Yes, we are paying for this, and yes, it should perform solidly, so some of the feedback should help inform improvements going forward. Is there a way to continue to provide that feedback and still be supportive of the Atlassian team?

Like # people like this
Mitch Steiner April 28, 2020

More coats of paint on what is quickly becoming a painful platform to migrate to 

can we stop with the fru fru frilly updates and fix this thing so its usable... 

1. Continuing numbers lists with images in them
  2. Create workable links - the poor implementation now makes me save the page to get the link then go back to editing - and it is unreliable at best
  3. Allow simple template creation and migration of templates between spaces- you need an act of congress to move a template right now 
  4. Allow links inside of status boxes 
  5. Enable all table keyboard shortcuts properly and list then in the dropdown ( ctrl-alt -up arrow works but is not listed - ctrl alt left arrow doesn't work on the first row and is not listed 

it wouldnt be so painful if alot of the requests didnt have ~7 year old open (or closed and not resolved ) jira pages 

Like Deleted user likes this
Sarah Elmer April 28, 2020

To actually USE Confluence successfully, I am making copies of pre-existing pages from Legacy. Once you disallow this (and I'm sure it's down the pipeline), use of Confluence will come to a complete stop. From what I can tell on previous comments, Atlassian will be loosing a lot of money in the future unless things are corrected.

Like # people like this
Iftekhar Maniyar April 29, 2020

Make it faster

Jyotiranjan Singhlal April 30, 2020

JIRA roadmap is not showing up in confluence page even after incorporating jira roadmap macro correctly.

Artem Poleshchenko April 30, 2020

Thanks for the update.

Guys, you've seen the feedbacks above. We really want to speed up the page's loading and to figure out with templates. That`s what your users need now to work with your product in a proper way.

Other things are the 2nd priority, as for me.

Michael Stella April 30, 2020

Until one of your updates addresses the tons of issues with the awful editor reported here, I don't think anyone is going to care about new templates:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Confluence-discussions/The-Confluence-editor-is-TERRIBLE-What-can-be-done-for-cloud/td-p/659342 

Like # people like this
Neha Bhayana
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 30, 2020

Thanks for the feedback. I understand a lot of you are seeing slow response times. I assure you that our team is working on fixing the performance, but we would like some help from all of you. As you all can appreciate, performance can be a tricky area for a product as big as Confluence. Can you please email me the top 3 scenarios where you want us to focus on from a speed point of view? And also please let me know if you are willing to hop on a quick call with us to walk us through your scenarios so we can look for some quick diagnostic information? 
Ensuring we meet your expectations is our top priority and your help is much appreciated.

Thank you. 

Neha Bhayana

Product Manager, Confluence

nbhayana@atlassian.com

Like # people like this
jalal.araidah May 1, 2020

Please make Confluence run FASTER :)

Nick Knight May 1, 2020

The editors are terrible and the Markdown(s!) are inconsistent across Confluence and Jira, even within a Jira ticket (description vs. comment). Please throw out your editor and start from scratch, just copying exactly what Github does. I will never ask for anything else from you. Sincerely, a sincerely unhappy developer.

code-puss May 2, 2020

Awesome!!

I am new to confluence so anything new is good.

Awesome work guys!!

Like Jessica Taylor likes this
leoprieto May 3, 2020

Love the updates and features but please make it FAST! Too much loading and waiting between one page and the next. Please make Jira and specially Confluence FASTER. It should feel like Gmail, YouTube or The New York Times. A crisp and instant interface please, Confluence/Jira feels like I'm on dialup.

Like jalal.araidah likes this
Miroslav Homola May 3, 2020

That templates are really good, thanks for that. But please try to focus on speed of confluence.

Lars Öhlin May 7, 2020

The new look and feel that came with the new editor is frustrating. The font size is too big and all the former nice features with panels being able to create compact graphical designs are gone. Now there is just a lot of air in the pages and i cant do anything about it! And the huge font size is not optimized for high res screens where im able to present a lot of content on a single screen without the need to scroll. Really disappointing!

Like # people like this
Sarah Elmer May 7, 2020

Even THIS page is loading at a snail's pace... Come on Atlassian, get it together!

huw.griffiths June 22, 2020

What's New - "keep your team moving"

I have a team of 20, who have been unable to use some critical pages / tables since last week, as Confluence has ground to a halt. Slow is now stop on our space. Our critical project has been disrupted. I cannot even copy out the information as the page tries to reconnect. 

Raised this as a "Severity 1" ticket on Friday.  Still waiting for a fix. We pay $500+ per month for this....

Does anyone have any experience on how long Atlassian take to fix a Sev 1 ticket? 

Kimi September 6, 2020

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Very well done @Mike Bowen , I like

But this month I am not very impressed as many Confluence users commented on this page. I know that it's not easy to satisfy everyone. But in my opinion.

We need: 

1. Again speed, speed, and speed, 5G is coming, but this news technology provided us from GOD is wasted when Confluence is still like a Turtle
  2. Template, give us a template preview before we click on the create button check how Notion does here
  3. Fix the custom width table issue here
  4. Include some more WYSIWYG editor feature-rich such as increase and decrease font size and Numbered heading so our end back-office users who are data idiot can easily develop and edit their Wiki page easily. I think these two text editor features are one of the most requested out here, Today we have to pay for the stupid Numbered heading plugin which should be included for free. Open Souce CMS like WordPress, Joomla, Drupal, etc... have it as default.

I have used Confluence for years and really loved it before, but with the new kids on the block such as Notion and many other wiki tools out there makes Confluence looks old fashion and slow.

Business is like war, if we don't catch up and follow the market trends then soon or later we'll die, Just a question about time before people convince their company to move to a different tool and platform if the Confluence team doesn't move as fast as the market has to offer which is not a win-win situation for any one of us who really loves Confluence here.

Give us more useful features included, instead of almost every missing feature must be paid via 3rd party plugins.

I believe anyone here will give your Confluence team an extra WOW if you run faster and solve their problem quickly.

Cheers !!! :)

Kimi September 6, 2020

Hello @Jessica Taylor and @Mike Bowen 

Can you please explain why my comment was deleted from this page?

aaaaaaaaaaa.jpg

Like Ruslan Berezyuk likes this
Ruslan Berezyuk September 6, 2020

Kimi, probably because you mentioned Notion ... 

Kimi September 6, 2020

Thank you @Ruslan Berezyuk :)

I am not here for spamming but giving constructive, real feedback with real examples.

I have been on different forums and mentioned or recommended Confluence and Atlassian's product with backlinks to their site without such a problem.

If Atlassian is so afraid of their competitors and deleted my post just because of some links, then there is something really wrong with their product strategy and their customer feedback support. 

Bridget
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
September 8, 2020

@Kimi - thank you for your response! Can you double check the thread? On my end (and in incognito mode) I am still seeing your original post. We do appreciate your constructive feedback! 

Shoot me an email to bsauer@atlassian.com if you are still having trouble finding it so that we can troubleshoot. 

Kimi September 13, 2020

Hi @Bridget 

I can confirm that my post is now visible, I don't know what happened.

Thank you very much, have a great day.

Cheers

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events