🏠 Say hello to the new Confluence Home!

Hi Atlassian Community,

My name is DJ Chung, and I’m a Product Manager on the Confluence Cloud team.

Today, I’m excited to share a new and improved version of Home.

The new Home helps you quickly get back to your work, catch up on relevant activity, and discover what’s happening around you. 

Screen Shot 2021-12-17 at 2.57.29 PM.png

đź“„ Resume your work by getting back to your pages faster with Recent

rec_home (1).gif

In this new hybrid world, whether you’re working with colleagues in person or asynchronously, Home helps you pick up right where you left off.

Your Recent pages are now at the very top so they’re easier to access. You can also take quick actions like edit, share, watch, and star on pages directly from Home.

If you need to access additional pages, the Recent, Starred, or Drafts sections in the left navigation give you a dedicated view with different layouts to help you easily find the right page.

đź‘Ą Catch up on relevant activity with the new Following feed

feed_home (1).gif

Keep your finger on the pulse of work happening inside and outside your team by seeing activity from the people and spaces you follow.

You can star, like, and share a page directly from the feed, all without leaving Home. We’ll also provide recommendations to help you improve your feed and stay up to date with people and spaces most relevant to you.

💡Discover what’s happening across your company with the updated Popular feed

pop_home (1).gif

Whether it’s learning about an upcoming office event or reading about a team member’s recent experience volunteering, the Popular feed helps you stay connected with what’s going on across your company.

The new Popular feed cards give you a glimpse into the page to help you decide which to view. And if you click to view the Popular feed, we’ll remember your selection the next time you view Home.

The updated Home is currently rolling out and will be available to all Confluence Cloud users in early 2022. Click on “Home” in the top navigation of Confluence Cloud to give it a try and we hope you enjoy the new Home!

Note

• There will be no change to 3rd party app integration points or how they are surfaced in Home

• There is no change if a site has set up a customized homepage. This change is only for the default homepage. You can learn more about customizing a homepage for your site here.

47 comments

Heike Fischer December 29, 2021

Wow, looks quite promising! 

Like • # people like this
Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 31, 2021

Cool UI @DJ Chung Great!!

Thanks,
Pramodh

Jesper Ungermann Christensen January 4, 2022

Looking good - How to enable this? 

Nikki Zavadska _Appfire_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 8, 2022

This looks AMAZING, I wish to have something like this for Jira too!

Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 10, 2022

@DJ Chung looks great! I'd still love to see more customization options for the Home page so we could use it as an internet home page across the organization as a whole. Confluence is the gateway to all of our systems and knowledge, I'd like to have a way to provide more of an information feed to our employees through it.

DJ Chung
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 10, 2022

Hi @Jesper Ungermann Christensen - we're currently in roll out so you may not have it enabled just yet. You should have it soon in the coming weeks!

DJ Chung
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 10, 2022

@Andy Gladstone - if you haven't already, I'd recommend setting up a custom site home page for your team. You can find instructions here: https://support.atlassian.com/confluence-cloud/docs/configure-the-site-homepage/ - this should give you what you're looking for. 

The home page we updated that his post references is the default personal home page specific to each individual user. 

If you set up a custom site homepage, it will live alongside the personal home page that we've updated. 

Hope this helps!

James Dellow
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 18, 2022

@Andy Gladstone maybe take a look at my app, News Board? I'm open to suggestions for functionality and lots of ideas on my app roadmap that might support making Confluence a gateway to other systems and knowledge. You can install my app as a theme on a site, then make it your custom site home page. Now that the new home page is rolling out, I'm also exploring ways to augment the new home page design.

Elton Padilha January 19, 2022

Really great !

Like • John Osoro likes this
Eliana Sarmiento January 19, 2022

¡ Interesting ! 

André Matzke January 20, 2022

hopefully you guys do not cancel the idea of the current dashboard and its widgets, which is especially important for project leaders. What I can see in this article is nice for the average participant, who is a projects contributor for really solving the projects issues, but I would not prefer it over my over the years developed dashboard. If I would not have anymore my quick information rich overview, I would look around for other tools. And guess what, the project teams would have to change with the project leaders.

Please consider all the stake holders, even the minority in absolute numbers of project managers...

BR,

André

Josh Costella
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 20, 2022
  • There is no change if a site has set up a customized homepage. This change is only for the default homepage. You can learn more about customizing a homepage for your site here.

@DJ Chung Our site homepage was customized. However, I reverted the homepage to the default template. Will this new home page version be pushed to my site? Any way I can request it to be pushed again? 

Baiurskiy Andrii January 20, 2022

Looks amazing

Milind Palav January 20, 2022

Looks great...

mary.anyango January 20, 2022

Awesome

Like • DeAnna Riddlespur likes this
Mariya Rybak January 20, 2022

It sounds like this is already out, and I saw the new homepage hit my team's Confluence for maybe a few minutes in the last couple of weeks, then it reverted to the old homepage. How do I check if something is buggy or a setting that's preventing us from getting this new homepage?

BStrausmann January 20, 2022

Very nice update

DJ Chung
Atlassian Team
January 20, 2022

@AndrĂ© Matzke this change should not affect if you have a custom widgets set up or if you have a custom site homepage/dashboard. If something changed on your end that you did not expect, would you let me know? You can contact me via email: dchung2@atlassian.com 

Like • André Matzke likes this
DJ Chung
Atlassian Team
January 20, 2022

@Josh Costella If you don't currently see this new experience, it means it has yet to roll out to you, it should be out to you soon!

DJ Chung
Atlassian Team
January 20, 2022

@Mariya Rybak thanks for letting us know, that behavior is unexpected. Would you mind emailing me dchung2@atlassian.com so that we can investigate?

Like • Mariya Rybak likes this
Shravan January 20, 2022

@DJ Chung looks promising!

Vickey Palzor Lepcha
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 20, 2022

Lovely , eye catching.

Sergei Gridnevskii
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 20, 2022

I do not see the new home page yet - just a normal page without my profile icon, Recent and Spaces tab. Perhaps I am in the B group for A/B testing.

Like • Noah Hofmann likes this
Ludvig Hede January 20, 2022

When will this be completely rolled out to everyone?

Ashwini Koli January 21, 2022

Promising!

Looking forward to explore more. 

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events