Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Presenter Mode for Confluence is here 🖥 👩‍💻

135 comments

Cody Lane May 24, 2022

On 5/3/22 Atlassian said the rollout would take 1 month. On 5/11/22, they said a few weeks. It's 5/24/22 Atlassian. Will you have this rolled out to the rest of us within this week?

Dominic Lee May 24, 2022

Great feature, @Stephanie Zhang _Product_! Unfortunately, my DrawIO diagrams don't show up in Presenter mode. Much appreciated if you could do something about this. Thanks!

Like # people like this
Frederik Vindum May 24, 2022

This looks pretty awesome :-) and useful also. A great addition would be to include a paging functionality to enable a slideshow presentation mode. Then I could skip using MS PPT ;-)

Like # people like this
Karanjit Singh May 24, 2022

Excellent !

Daniel Murrieta May 24, 2022

A pleasant surprise!

Matt Dawson May 24, 2022

Like Dominic above, I'm really interested in the presenter mode but won't be able to use it until Draw.IO diagram support is added. Please let us know when we can expect that @Stephanie Zhang _Product_ 

aina_azmi May 24, 2022

Thank you for this <3 farewell to 'switching tabs'

Timo Rapp May 24, 2022

This is really great! Love at first sight! 

Will there be a keyboard shortcut for the presenter mode as well? 

Volker Jakob May 24, 2022

Wow! This is really cool! Just discovered this feature and I‘m very happy to present my docs now completely within Confluence. No need to use a separate presentation software for most cases. Thanks for implementing this! 👏

Jan de Bruin May 24, 2022

Nice! Will bring so much more 'rest' to the presentation. I will definitely use this feature.

Alan Haarhoff May 24, 2022

Great idea! Still waiting for it...

thomas.ohrbom May 24, 2022

Great new feature! Alas, you have again dropped the ball on support for third party macros. Content made with draw.io is not supported, likewise with content from the Pane Macro+. I'm pretty sure the same goes for all third party macros. 

Please stop this nonsense! When you bring out new features like this make sure they support all content!

PS! We see the exact same problem with the Confluence Cloud mobile app. No support for third party macros. This has been an open issue for years!

Like Jasmine Möller likes this
Tetiana Komar May 25, 2022

Looks good, thanks) One point to be mentioned though. I insert Lucidchart diagram using /insert option and enabled autoupdate. When I open a Presenter mode, it cannot see that diagram. Please add the option to render lucidchart diagrams in Presenter mode. https://www.screencast.com/t/7qbLp3yv

Lyall Shapiro May 25, 2022

Looks good :-) Improvement opportunity: Table header rows need to be persistent in presenter mode so that we know what we're looking at on long tables.

Like # people like this
Lee Mandleberg May 25, 2022

I can't wait for this feature on my company's confluence page, will this also apply to Jira ?

Like Iuliia Snizhko likes this
Jennifer Macphail May 25, 2022

Confluence is our company-wide documentation space - keen to demonstrate and share this with the entire team! 

Dimitris_Proko May 25, 2022

Good morning team. I couldn't pinpoint the 'Presentation Mode'. Do you have to apply for it and then be granted the relevant access levels? How does that work?

Like Iuliia Snizhko likes this
Dan Iveson May 25, 2022

That's all well and good but if we can't create great content because of the crippled editor what's the point in sharing it like this?

David Benson _draw_io_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 25, 2022

For those asking about draw.io diagrams, we have looked, https://github.com/jgraph/drawio/issues/2842, but there's no workaround to this that's possible at our end.

Like thomas.ohrbom likes this
Linda Claes May 25, 2022

Looking forward to test out this new feature.

One question though: during presentations I tend to take live notes on the Confluence page, meaning I'm always in the edit mode while presenting so I can add some comments, take the meeting notes where needed. Will I still be able to do so?

Like helen.fulkes likes this
Muhaimin Choudhury May 25, 2022

Handy feature. Thanks for rolling this out. 

thomas.ohrbom May 25, 2022

@David Benson _draw_io_ , thanks for checking. I'm not surprised. Like I said we see the same issue with the Confluence Cloud mobile app. Very annoying! 

I would have expected draw.io, as an Atlassian Platinum Top Vendor, to have their apps supported.  It appears you are being ignored by Atlassian.

Draw.io (and Scroll Word Exporter) is the most important app for us on Confluence Cloud.

Like Lars Maehlmann likes this
David Benson _draw_io_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 25, 2022

Pretty much all features are rolled out iteratively, I wouldn't read too much into the current feature set.

The most constructive route forward is to get a jira issue logged in the right place and get votes onto that issue to indicate that this is a problem. Does anyone know if an issue is already in-place somewhere?

Like # people like this
julie_kamel May 25, 2022

As Product Manager, I am so excited about this!!!

I am sorry if someone already asked this question, WHEN will this be rolled out??

Like # people like this
Lars Maehlmann
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 25, 2022

@David Benson _draw_io_  I stumbled over this post because I can't combine draw.io and the presenter mode.  The diagram doesn't show up. No errors or any hints that there might be a draw.io macro.

I am excited about the presenter mode and would love to see this in combination with draw.io.

Thank you for this great feature 🤩😍.

Like # people like this

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events