Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create Content Where It Belongs

Hi Atlassian Community,

My name is Avni Barman, and I am a Product Manager on the Confluence Cloud team. We are excited to announce that we are making it even easier for you to create pages and blogs! In just a few weeks, we will be rolling out a feature for you to effortlessly create top-level pages and blog posts directly in your space.

Creation just got easier

We have added a create button in the sidebar next to Pages and next to Blog so you can intuitively create content where you want it.

Here’s how you can use the feature:

1. Navigate to the sidebar of the space where you want to create.

2. Select the + button next to Blog if you want to create a blog in the space, or select the + button next to Pages if you want to create a top-level page in the space. You can still nest new pages under existing pages using the + button that’s been around for a while.

Contextual create - community article2.png

The best thing about using this new experience is that you don’t have to move your page to the right space or convert your page as a blog later. You just start composing your masterpiece right away from the space you want to publish in!  🎨

Feedback or questions

Don’t forget to leave any feedback or questions in the comments. Suggestions on how we can improve this experience are always welcomed! 

5 comments

Dave Jennings June 17, 2021

It would be nice if more resources were devoted to restoring functionality lost in the transition to the fabric editor rather than adding new features. For example, CONFCLOUD-67748: Set custom widths in tables is particularly troublesome for us (no reasonable way to include a page properties macro on a full-width page)

Like # people like this
Nikki Zavadska _Appfire_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 21, 2021

This is exactly what I was looking for, thanks! 🎉

Up until now I always created page by using the quick add button under one of the main pages and then moved it manually to the top of the tree 🙈

Like Avni Barman likes this
Ruslana Smirnova June 23, 2021

Thank you for such a useful article!

Justine Yotti September 16, 2021

Awesome article! Super excited about the simplicity of this new feature! Thanks for sharing. 

Ahmet Kilic September 16, 2021

Awesome! One more achievement of customer feedback. Thanks a lot, Confluence Team that you hear us and made our collaboration easier. :)

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events