Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we publish the Spanish translation of an Atlassian article?

Curtis Long November 10, 2016

We're planning to translate this article https://www.atlassian.com/git/tutorials/comparing-workflows to Spanish for use by our Spanish-speaking developers. When we're done, may we post the Spanish version to a page of our website (with credit to Atlassian) so that other Spanish-speaking developers can benefit from it?

2 answers

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
March 10, 2021

@Curtis Long we now have a Spanish-language group where you can definitely post and share resources! I've moved this post there. 

0 votes
Sam Hall
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 10, 2016

HI Curtis, 

Firstly, I must emphasise that I do not work for Atlassian, so it up to you if you want to act on this answer.

However, I notice that the page you linked appears to licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 Australia License (there's a link in the footer of the page).

Under the terms of that license you are free to copy, redistribute and adapt as long as you meet the terms specified:

license-wording.jpg

I would say that covers your proposed translation as long and you credit Atlassian and link to the license.

To double check, you could perhaps make a formal enquiry via Atlassian's general inquiries page.

Sam

Curtis Long November 11, 2016

Thanks for the link, Sam. I got tired of trying to figure out how/where to contact Atlassian directly.

......Curtis........

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events