It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Pandemic Readiness Statement from Atlassian for Covid-19

We asked Atlassian Support for an official statement on Atlassian's Readiness Plan for Dealing with a Pandemic (in the light of Covid-19).  As the Atlassian Cloud it is deemed a critical service for our company and our Pandemic Planning requires us to contact our Cirtical suppliers for their Pandemic Readiness status.

I was expecting an official statement, however, I received the following: -

If I understand correctly, you would like to know the readiness plan taken by Atlassian for Covid-19.

I am sorry to inform you that we are from technical support team and these queries are out of our scope of support.
Just to keep you informed, Atlassian has taken readiness actions for Atlassian employees which is used internally to spread awareness.

Can Atlassian provide a statement of readiness?

2 answers

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Andy Heinzer Atlassian Team Mar 16, 2020

Hi everyone,

As the situation around coronavirus COVID-19 continues to unfold and create uncertainty around the globe, we at Atlassian are committed to maintaining our high level of service, our compliance obligations, and safety of your data. We have a strong business continuity plan in place so that you can continue your important work without interruption:

• Our Crisis Management Team meets daily to evaluate the situation and act accordingly. We are following guidance from Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the World Health Organization and other authorities for information and decision-making support. We are also in close contact with our peers in each location in which we operate.

• We regularly test our backup and restore procedures and have stepped up the frequency as a result of COVID-19. Atlassian’s cloud infrastructure is highly redundant and in multiple AWS regions around the world.

• We have a team of SREs around the world who ensure our services are running, whether they are working from the office or remotely.

• Our teams continue to remain available to address all your commercial and support needs.

• You can read more about our approach to reliability here at our Trust Center.

• Please go to https://status.atlassian.com/ for an up-to-date view of our uptime/availability.

The health and safety of our employees is a top priority for us. We have asked all of our staff to work from home and have also stopped all non-essential business travel and in-person meetings. While this may be a shift in working style for many companies, at Atlassian, we’re no strangers to remote work. A significant number of our employees work remotely on a regular basis, and we count on our own products to collaborate, track progress, and communicate with each other.

We know this is an uncertain time for everyone. Please know that you can count on Atlassian to continuing to provide you with the service you rely on.

Regards,

Andy

I wonder if Atlassian could offer help in general to the community.

I see my local community collecting volunteers per street to help those isolated theu illness or enforced preventative isolation.

Seems like the sort of task SW could help with, so people could log in and put in a request, volunteers could take tasks, eg group a number of requests to pickup items from the pharmacy.

Could it be made simple enough for novices to make use of it?  

Like # people like this

I'm looking for the same. My guess is this support team is outsourced and they dont have access to this. 

Try reaching out to your CSM if you have one.

Pedro Atlassian Team Mar 23, 2020

Hello Devin, 

I hope you had the opportunity to see the response posted on March 16, by Andy H. 

That covers really well our current position - feel free to let us know if you need any other information - we will be happy to respond. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Compliance

Introducing the Trust & Security Group!

Hello Compliance fans! I wanted to jump in this group to introduce a brand new Community group that our Atlassian Security team started. The Trust and Security group is  a space to share inform...

943 views 2 6
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you