Compass for low/no-code tools?

Matthew May 6, 2023

Hi all, any tips on how Compass can be used for low/no-code tools? I see two primary areas we want to track:

(1) completely no code components built with UI in various tools (e.g. CMS system in Webflow, canned automation in Make.com or Zapier, etc)

(2) low-code tools like WeWeb where it's just like #1 above but there are areas you write custom Vue components or quick javascript as part of automations and such.

In its current state, how do you use Compass to document / track the above kinds of things? If you don't, what are suggestions on features/ways that Compass could grow to support those use cases?

I know Atlassian has traditionally been behind real developer teams, but with new features and branding around Work Management for example it seems the product is going in a direction to support more of the organization beyond software folks and especially with both teams big and small having citizen developers / lowcode and nocode users, it's critical we have a way to track those things as well at scale. The number of automations and fields in airtable alone made by our team is staggering :)

Thank you!

1 comment

Kelvin T
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 19, 2023

Hello Matthew,

I hope this message finds you well! This is Kelvin from Compass support, and I wanted to extend my gratitude for your interest in our tool. Compass serves as a developer portal that offers a unified real-time representation of engineering output, all in one convenient location.

To track low/no-code tools within Compass, you can utilize components such as "Other" or "Applications." Within the components, you have the flexibility to add documentation links, projects, or any other relevant resources that help track the specific components you're working with.

If you have any source code or configurations associated with these components, you can store them in a repository and easily link them to the respective component within Compass. This allows you to gather all the usual metrics and insights associated with these code repositories.

We would love to hear about how you currently use Compass to document and track these kinds of elements. If you haven't explored these features yet, we welcome your suggestions on how Compass can further enhance its support for your specific use cases.

I encourage you to give it a try by adding your components using the "Application" or "Other" component type, and see if it aligns with your requirements. We are highly interested in learning from you and understanding how we can further improve Compass to better support your needs.

If you have any questions or require further assistance, please don't hesitate to reach out. I am here to provide any help you may need.

Thank you once again for your interest in Compass!

Like Steffen Opel _Utoolity_ likes this

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events