use case/benefit/value add unclear

Peter Jetter August 19, 2022

Hi, i struggle to see the value add of compass. What does it do that version control and ci/cd isn´t doing or providing already?

What am i missing?

2 comments

andrew_pass
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 19, 2022

It's that knowledge hub / central location which can bring stuff together.

Think about it from a new starter perspective, you can drop into Compass and pretty quickly get a feel for how the different systems interact, tools being used and swagger documentation for APIs.

Combine that with the metrics which will be really useful once fully set up and the ability to view stuff like error logs / alerts etc from tools like OpsGenie, Sentry, Snyk, SonarQube and it'll be pretty handy. 

Saves developers logging into all those different tools or trying to find bits.

Like # people like this
Move Work Forward
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 19, 2022

Hi @Peter Jetter 

Very nice question and we had a similar one at Move Work Forward.

I had the same filling when tried it a couple of month ago, but now our team has 1 place where you can:

- have a central place for all app/service related info - docs, builds, useful links, chat links, incidents.

- the score cards help us understand if something needs attention.

- it is a service directory with additional team visibility benefits

See below our dashboard, we also use dependencies to help with communication.

Screen Shot 2022-08-19 at 09.58.25.png

Cheers,
Leo

Like # people like this

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events